X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support questions-Please Help

Hello,
    I hold an F1 visa, earned my BS degree on May 07, and currently working under OPT. I've been in the US since 2001. My fiancee (who is a US citizen) and I were thinking to get married pretty soon and then apply a green card to adjust my status. However, we have a problem for Affidavit of support. She cannot be a sponsor since her income in 2007 was less than 125% of poverty line (she's a student). My sister want to be our co-sponsor, but her income was also less than 125% of poverty line. We cannot find anybody else who can be our co-sponsor. Is there anything we can do about this? Can I substitute her place to be the sponsor or become a co-sponsor? My income in 2007 was above 125% of poverty line.
    Thank you

Hello,
    I hold an F1 visa, earned my BS degree on May 07, and currently working under OPT. I've been in the US since 2001. My fiancee (who is a US citizen) and I were thinking to get married pretty soon and then apply a green card to adjust my status. However, we have a problem for Affidavit of support. She cannot be a sponsor since her income in 2007 was less than 125% of poverty line (she's a student). My sister want to be our co-sponsor, but her income was also less than 125% of poverty line. We cannot find anybody else who can be our co-sponsor. Is there anything we can do about this? Can I substitute her place to be the sponsor or become a co-sponsor? My income in 2007 was above 125% of poverty line.
    Thank you

Comment

IF you get married and have a joint account then I don't think you should run into any poverty line.
      You said that your income in 2007 was above 125% of poverty line then what is the problem.
      It is better to call National Customer Service and find out.
      In my opinion Your Income+your fiancee income must be more then the required income.
      Now what is your income approximately, plus your would be spouse?

Comment

Our combine income in 2007 was twice the 125% of poverty line. My thought about affidavit of support is my fiancee is the only person who needs to be the sponsor and I can't be the sponsor or co-sponsor. That's why I'm trying to find out if I can be a sponsor/co-sponsor or not.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation