Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-601 212(a)(9)B2 waiver of grounds of inadmissibility

I have some questions and I hope some of you guys answer me.
    My husband was in the U.S for about 6 yrs 5 yrs illegal and he had to voluntary departure the U.S by NOV 07 so he did, but before that we got married in Sep and I filed the I-130 and the I-129 for him and we left the U.S and we went to his country in the middle east, 6 months after that he got his K-3 visa interview we were happy for that but we didn't stay happy fore too long, the consular at the American embassy told him that he has to file the I-601 and if he get that approved then she would give him his K-3 visa.
    Now I don't really know what should I do to help my husband, I'm with him in his county right now but I really don't like it here and I want to go back to the U.S.

I wrote a letter to go with the I-601 saying that I'm only 19 years old and if my husband would stay here for 10 years that I would stay with him and that is going to stop me from going to college and seeing my family for all that 10 years and If I go back to the U.S I will be a single mother going to college and being on the welfare and I wont be able to focus on my schooling because I'll be missing my only love and I put in that letter that I miss my family so much and I miss all the holidays.

I really don't have anything to add to that letter to help get it approved, so if any one can help me please I love my husband but I can't stay here fore 10 years.

I have some questions and I hope some of you guys answer me.
    My husband was in the U.S for about 6 yrs 5 yrs illegal and he had to voluntary departure the U.S by NOV 07 so he did, but before that we got married in Sep and I filed the I-130 and the I-129 for him and we left the U.S and we went to his country in the middle east, 6 months after that he got his K-3 visa interview we were happy for that but we didn't stay happy fore too long, the consular at the American embassy told him that he has to file the I-601 and if he get that approved then she would give him his K-3 visa.
    Now I don't really know what should I do to help my husband, I'm with him in his county right now but I really don't like it here and I want to go back to the U.S.

I wrote a letter to go with the I-601 saying that I'm only 19 years old and if my husband would stay here for 10 years that I would stay with him and that is going to stop me from going to college and seeing my family for all that 10 years and If I go back to the U.S I will be a single mother going to college and being on the welfare and I wont be able to focus on my schooling because I'll be missing my only love and I put in that letter that I miss my family so much and I miss all the holidays.

I really don't have anything to add to that letter to help get it approved, so if any one can help me please I love my husband but I can't stay here fore 10 years.

Comment

have you read the letters other submitted? You can find them at
      wwww.visajourney.com
      http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/

That can give you some idea how to compose the letter. Don't forget the supporting evidence.

Comment

Your husband is luckier because he voluntarily departed; hence, is safe. Filing for waiver is just a process, a formality. His chance of approval is much greater than those who were physically deported the latter of which are banned for 5 or 10 years. Just file the waiver and he'd be okay. The records would show he voluntarily left.

Comment

I wanna thank you aneri for the sites you gave me, but what do you mean by
          <span class="ev_code_RED">Don't forget the supporting evidence.[/QUOTE]</span>

I dont have any supporting evidence other than our marrieg license and the court papers that told him he had to leave my NOV 13 so is there anything i need to get?

Comment

so macyuhoo, you think i should NOT worry about this cuz i'v been reading about other ppls who didnt get it, cuz they didnt meet the extreem hardship, i'm just worried that i'll be stuck here for the next ten years, i just dont wanna leave my husband here alone.

Comment

He voluntarily departed. So technically and legally, he's now clean. When one is granted voluntary departure and he doesn't depart on the date as instructed, then he violates it. If he left before the date (usually 30 days), then he's okay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lostgirl:
              so macyuhoo, you think i should NOT worry about this cuz i'v been reading about other ppls who didnt get it, cuz they didnt meet the extreem hardship, i'm just worried that i'll be stuck here for the next ten years, i just dont wanna leave my husband here alone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lostgirl:
                <span class="ev_code_RED">Don't forget the supporting evidence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE></span>

something like stats on how much you can earn if you finsh collage, how many single mothers are on welfare, unemployment in spouse's country, tretment of women, crime rate comparasion, expert opinions on effect of family separation. Try to find something to support your claims of hardship...

I don't think the waiver is just a formality. Even though he departed voluntary, he still violated his visa and accumulated overstay (enough to get 10 year ban on only that). The governemnt need some good reasons why he should be allowed to return.

Comment

lost girl,

my waiver took 10 monthes to be answered (they sent all our waivers to DHS in Greece, now in Rome I think) and it took other one month to reach the embassy through pouch mail. after that they asked me to repeat the medical exam and the police clearance and other stuff, then they took my documents in July 2006 and since that date they never said more " your case is pending admin. processing in Washington DC) and once your case is cleared we will notify you.
                  also they never answered my I 130 since July 2004.
                  this is the picture, just for your reference and I am middle eastern too.
                  you will not stay there for 10 years ( because he had VD) but processing will take time.
                  I saw that it is important to know a little about another case that is why I wrote to you my story.

Comment

thank you guys for answering my qustions, we will go back to the embassy this sunday to file the I-601. I have some certificates from my school saying i graduated with honer and also certificates from the police saying i voluntiered for the city from 2000-2004 i hope that well be good for them cuz i really dont have anything to give them other than that.

Comment

oh ya i forgot to say that they approvied our I-130 and I-129 like 3 or 2 mounths after when sent them so i hope that's a good sign.

Comment

thank you guys so much for answering me, but i wanna say that we recevied a letter saying our I-130 is approvied back in march all what we'r waitting for now is the I-601 they said it will talk 6 months to 1 year

Comment

for all the ppl who's reading my file, after we filed our waiver in june of 2007 the embassy just now called us to tell use we have to go do my husbends finger print at the embassy now 3 mounths after we filed the I-601 and they said they will send it to Athens so i dont really know how long is it gonna take but i hope no more than one year cause we really wanna go back to america and the embassy in amman jordan seems like they r just chilling with papers without careing about ppls feelings.

Comment

just like your irresponsible visa cheating husband didn't care about our laws....your feelings don't trump our laws..your husband is a visa cheat, an irresponsible dirtbag who should be relegated to cleaning the back ends of camels for the rest of his life. He broke the law, not the folks that work at the embassy nor at the Dept of Homeland Security...but then, he married a reincarnated dodo (I thought dodos were extinct...guess I was wrong) but there is NO law that says just because some visa cheating slimeball marries an idiot that they are entitled to a green card....read the laws....(or have somebody do it for you, since there are a lot of big three syllable words you don't understand)....crawl back into your double-wide trailer and grab a box of bon-bons.

Comment

oh ya i forgot to say that they approvied our I-130 and I-129 like 3 or 2 mounths after when sent them so i hope that's a good sign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since he was doing a voluntary departure it was most likely your I-130 would be approved without hassle.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation