•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derivative Asylee Status

Hallo everybody...

Please... need help!!!
    Myfiancee is under derivativa asylee status from his mom. Now he is over 21 yr old.
    He applied for LPR about 3 yrs ago and yesterday he got a letter from INS stating that he has to submit "nunc pro tunc" form I-589.
    Does anybody know what is this about??
    We've never heard about this nunc pro tunc thing..
    So, what is his status now? Can he stil applying for his permanent resident?
    What happened if we get married?
    Please help....

Thanks alot!

Hallo everybody...

Please... need help!!!
    Myfiancee is under derivativa asylee status from his mom. Now he is over 21 yr old.
    He applied for LPR about 3 yrs ago and yesterday he got a letter from INS stating that he has to submit "nunc pro tunc" form I-589.
    Does anybody know what is this about??
    We've never heard about this nunc pro tunc thing..
    So, what is his status now? Can he stil applying for his permanent resident?
    What happened if we get married?
    Please help....

Thanks alot!

Comment

Have the parent started the AOS process? Without completing the I-589, your friend won't be able to apply for LPR. If he's a dependendent of his parent's AOS, it'll get more complicated.

Comment

Hi Marmaduk, thanks for your reply!
        He was granted as derivative asylee, but he applied LPR himself since he was 21 yr old back 3 yrs ago. So, after 1 yr of granted derivative asylee, he applied under his own case for LPR.
        Last year, his mom (from whom he got the asylee) received her greencard already.
        He did the finger prints and yesterday he received letter requesting "nunc-pro-tunc" for I-589. He never knew anything that he had to submit I-589 when he over 21 yr and unmarried, so now, if he submitted the form, will he still be eligible for LPR back to the time he applied or he has to start all over again?
        Thanks a lot!

Comment

My understanding is he won't be able to have any decision made on his AOS without sending in the I-589. His I-589 should be adjudicated nunc pro tunc. So, no, I don't think he'll be required to start his AOS all over again.

Comment

srikandi,

i am 100% sure your fiance filed a bogus asylum. He and his family had never been persecuted by their religion or race in their homeland. They told their fake story to INS. Also, people like them will go back to their homeland after they receive their greencard.
            They should be deported from US immediately.
            These people should not be allowed to stay in US.

Comment

LIAR LIAR
              WHERE ARE YOU???
              IS YOUR FIANCE PROUD TO BE A US RESIDENT BY FILING BOGUS ASYLUM??
              HIS FAMILY CAME TO USA FOR MONEY, THEY HAVE NOT BEEN PERSECUTED BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGION. NEVER.
              THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET THIS ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE TO LIE AND USE THEIR OWN RELIGION. WHAT A SHAME!!!

Comment

ANOTHER LYING FASCIST HERE !!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs