X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I751 interview

Hi every one ,

After almost 28 months in california finally I got the letter that I and my wife have to go to for interview for I-751

Fine I am happy that I got something and one step ahead.
    Any body who has experience with interview in CA, can you kindly take a few mintues and write your experience for me .

Do they seperate us for questioning?
    What type of question they ask

I should say that my experience with my first interview for conditional green card was really smooth and good .
    I appreciate your answer
    Minasa

Hi every one ,

After almost 28 months in california finally I got the letter that I and my wife have to go to for interview for I-751

Fine I am happy that I got something and one step ahead.
    Any body who has experience with interview in CA, can you kindly take a few mintues and write your experience for me .

Do they seperate us for questioning?
    What type of question they ask

I should say that my experience with my first interview for conditional green card was really smooth and good .
    I appreciate your answer
    Minasa

Comment

I did not have experience in CA, but in Nevada about a month ago. We went into the office about 15minutes after our scheduled time, they swore us in and then asked to see our identification (DL's that showed same address). Then the guy went through the applications, question by question. We answered athen he asked for our proof. We took, health insureace, life insurnace, car insurance, common phone bills, and taxes, with a photo al*** or stuff and pictures, wedding invite, etc. It took about 10 minutes he took my husbands pictures he had to bring with them, and the old GC and stamped hubby's passport.

On an aside...don't tell know if it is true or not, and I am sure a lot of people o the board are going to tell me that person was lying, but this is what I heard, take it for what it is worth:

An immagration person said that when someone comes in for an interview when the letter is given to them (appt. letter) they pull the file of interview people and look at the pictures. Then they look out in the waiting room and find the people coming in for an interview and see how they interact with eachother (do they act like they have benn married, etc.). Then they call them in for the interview, and based on what they saw they decide if they are going to separate them or not.

I don't know if that is true, but my husband swears that is why we had a super short interview. Anyway...good luck to you and let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Hi Thanks alot
        Well I should tell you that even in my first interview for the conditional green card ,they DID NOT seperate us(Beleive or not!!!) and it was so smooth and probably took us about 15 mintues including that we had good friendly chat with the officer .
        Thanks alot

Comment

They didn't separate my husband and me either. We had a good chat too, if it is a valid marriage there should be no problem.

Comment

Hi doc,

Congratulations for getting interview letter ... its nothing but end of long waiting ... I m happy for you .... They didn't separate us while DCF interview ... I wish u all the best ... Pasha

Comment

Ican'tbelieveit:

Maybe you are getting an interview appointment because you did not submit enough evidence to support the bona fide nature of your marriage. They need evidences, and if you don't supply them with it then you should not be surprised by getting an interview appointment.
              However, that might not be the case, but at least feel happy that your case is moving forward.

Comment

I agree with Aguila- I totally believe that after I read the list of things some people sent with their I-751, I know why I was called for an interview. Hoever, it really didn't slow anything down, because my husband already had his work authorization, it was just inconvienent for us because we both had to take time off (unpaid) from work. We got our lett three days before the interview was for. Anyways, hang in there, you will be fine, just bring a lot of stuff with you to the interview. I told my husband we were going to backog them with paperwork at the interview and they guy only looked at our insurance polies and our remodling bill for carpet (said we got a great deal) and that was it, he didn't even want to see our pictures, and stuff.

Comment

Married July 1999
                  1st Interview Oct 2000
                  Filed I-751 Oct 2002

Still Waiting...

That's my timeline... But my situation is much worse than yours - my marriage has failed since 2002... So after all these years - I may be SOL...

ARQU

Comment

ICan'tBelieveIt:

My story is much worse than yours since while I was waiting for the adjudication of a Joint I-751 I end up on a nasty divorce proceeding which was finalized just recently and had to file another I-751 under waiver provisions. I will be called for an interview for sure, but I have lots of documentation/testimony to support my case...the only thing that worries me is that I have moved a couple of times and I am moving soon again, and this people from USCIS still have the address I used to have with my wife.. it really worries me when I read that ardainia got her interview letter three days before the actual interview date, what is wrong with this people!!!!!!!

In your fathers case, I would have filed a complaint on DC for that immigration officer and would have written to the senator's again..., in adittion you could always fight your case on immigration court, and bia... I did retain a lawyer in the past because my wife was unwilling to sign any applicaiton unless it was handled by lawyer, but after getting a copy of my record and watching that for the Joint I-751 he did not even tell us about getting affidavits from people that knew about the marriage, I decided to go on my own, I had prepared a great package for my I-751 waiver petition... now if my case gets complicated and I have to appear in front of an Immigration Judge, I would then hire the best lawyer I can afford...

Comment

JohnDoe:

I have moving too.... I HATE IT! however, circunstances of life lately have force me to move...[break-up] in any event, I will be still receiving my mail at the address I am now although I am leaving by next month, I will come to that house once a week to pick my mail. Once I rent my own place by June, I will forward the mail...

What you said about then allowing people to update their address online makes sense, I was even thinking of writing a letter to suggest this, in addition to that, they should allow to e-file the form AR-11.

Comment

I don't think what your lawyer asked you to do with the pictures was wrong. Sometimes they asked ppl to come for interview randomly. So don't worry too much. As long you have real marriage and have enough evidence, you will be okay. It also depends on the immigration officer who check the file and decided whether to conduct interview or not, so your file is one of them.

About saying its so difficult to get pr here, I think thats not really true. I think US quite fair about it. If you don't believe me, try to go to another countries and you will see what immigration means. For example, if I want to take my husband to my country, he needs to stay in the country at least 10 years to get his PR. He cannot go there without any job offer or put any bond in the bank. I'm not American, but I think they play it fair for ppl who really come the right way and do it right. Which country allow you to work while you have pending immigration status just by 90 days? So, don't worry too much and good luck with the interview. If you have a child with your spouse, thats such a great evidence and proof of your marriage. I think you'll be okay. Take care.

Comment

ICan'tBelieveIt: The issue is my marriage ended in Annulment as I didn't want to have children (We are both 40 and I have 3 kids from an earlier marriage.) The issue with the AR-11 (change of address) is that they never seem to properly update their computer systems (Aguila and I have both sent in 3 change of addresses - and none seem to have been processed).

I tell you what would really help is if they would send a 'Confirmation' that your address has been changed from A to B... Then at least you would know that someone actually looked at the piece of paper you sent in.

This was all caused by the INS' decision to enforce deportation if you do not file a change of addess (well at least they did it to one guy after 9/11 - so it stands for all). That resulted in Millions of AR-11's hitting them - I swear they just threw most of them out!

ARQU

Comment

This is a splendid website! I"m extremely content with the remarks!. Scam Risk

Comment

Cool you write, the information is very good and interesting, I'll give you a link to my site. Scam Risk

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation