Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card Renewal - What are the necessary steps and documents required?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Renewal - What are the necessary steps and documents required?

Dear All.

Do you know what are the exact forms and documentations I need to provide for the renewal of my green card which expires in one year? What documents do I need to verify or prepare? Does anybody have experience with this and could please be so kind to share what the best next steps are and what to pay attention to? I am travelling a lot and do not want to make any mistakes.

Many thanks,
    Rudy

Dear All.

Do you know what are the exact forms and documentations I need to provide for the renewal of my green card which expires in one year? What documents do I need to verify or prepare? Does anybody have experience with this and could please be so kind to share what the best next steps are and what to pay attention to? I am travelling a lot and do not want to make any mistakes.

Many thanks,
    Rudy

Comment

Hi Rudy7 and welcome to ILW

Can you give us some more information please.

One what basis did you get the Green Card? Was this marriage base, family work or other?

Have you had the Green card long enough to be able to Naturalize if it applies to you, or have you applied for Citizenship already?

I ask because you may not have to renew it or at least you have some options.

Here is the link to the USCIS website on how to renew the card:

How Do I Renew My Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Hi and thank you for the lightning fast reply...

I did win it in the lottery and since I have not permanently been living in the US over the past years, did not (yet) apply for US citizenship.

Thank you for the link. What documents will be required during the process?

Thank you again!

Comment

You should follow Sprint's advice & read the directions in the link.You won't get anymore official information than from the government website.

Comment

Thank you! I did check the link and most part of the official site. Still I am not sure what I shall pay most attention to so I do not get a denial of my GC renewal. E.g. do I need to show all my last tax returns or proof of income in the US? Or is this not required? What other things shall I pay close attention to? It would be great to benefit here from somebody with more experience in the field.

Again, thank you all!

Best, Rudy

Comment

Rudy, you say you have not been living in the US over these past years.. have you made sure you kept up with the necessary documentation like re-entry permits etc if it applies and/or have you come back to the US before time allowed out of country on GC.

You do have to be careful not to lose your GC by staying out of the country for too long as they will not see you as a permanent resident here anymore.

Read the instructions for what is required for the renewal of Green card..it does say there what you need to do and what you need to send.

What I am not familiar with and what someone here might know is whether there is something additional you need to do or submit as you got the Green Card through the lottery.

Please check back again later (the election is on everyone's mind right now lol) and I am sure someone should be able to give you some more information that hasn't been already said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

I90s are filed online now. Just follow the directions. You will get an appointment for fingerpints and photo. Have a passport for a temporary green card stamp and an alternate ID, such as DL.

Comment

Read the 1-90 form. Answer the questions: no more, no less, no what ifs. If you send it in very soon, you will get your renewal card without having to to the passport stamp. It is not hard. Been there, done that!

Comment

Sodium Hypochlorite

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs