X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange I-140 status change after approval

My I-140 case status has been changed today to

"This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On March 20, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you."

My I-140 was already approved a year back and my I-485 is pending.

My I-140 was applied based on my own labor not labor sub.

Does anybody have clue about this?

My H-1B 3 year extension (based on approved I-140) is pending with USCIS. Does this has to do anything with this?

Also I have not changed jobs.

Thanks in advance.

My I-140 case status has been changed today to

"This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On March 20, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you."

My I-140 was already approved a year back and my I-485 is pending.

My I-140 was applied based on my own labor not labor sub.

Does anybody have clue about this?

My H-1B 3 year extension (based on approved I-140) is pending with USCIS. Does this has to do anything with this?

Also I have not changed jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I have two question for you said My I-140 was applied based on my own labor not labor sub
      What do mean by that? Are you self employed! Did you petition yourself!

This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it
      What does the state department have to do with application for green card inside the U.S I thought it's the USCIS only responsibility if you already inside the U.S. can you please tell us why the state department involved!

Thank you.

Comment

That happens when a visa application via consular processing cannot be completed due to some questions on the petition, hence it's being returned to the USCIS office that previously approved it.

I suspect either of two possibilities: you typed in your I-140 case number incorrectly or it's an erroneous updating of data on the USCIS website.

Anyway, the case status online info is neither always 100% accurate nor is it legally binding.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation