X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance visa Help

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Hello</span>

My sister and her fiance have applied for the fiance visa.. she is from colorado and he is from scotland. he already went back to scotland to wait it out, they said he couldnt come back to the states for 6 months to a year. so mys sister is planning to go to scotland for 6 months.. she dont know if she can or not and her lawyer has been impossible to reach. should she stay here n work n stuff or is it okay fro her to go to scotland.. does anyone have any ideas?
    FeFe

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Hello</span>

My sister and her fiance have applied for the fiance visa.. she is from colorado and he is from scotland. he already went back to scotland to wait it out, they said he couldnt come back to the states for 6 months to a year. so mys sister is planning to go to scotland for 6 months.. she dont know if she can or not and her lawyer has been impossible to reach. should she stay here n work n stuff or is it okay fro her to go to scotland.. does anyone have any ideas?
    FeFe

Comment

Your sister is us citizen, she can travel anywhere she pleases, The fiance visa does not limit your sister in anyway.

Tell her to check if there is consulate processing in scotland, perhaps she could marry him in scotland and then use k3 to bring him back

cheers

Comment

is your sister going to sign Affidavit of support or she has a co-sponsor?

If they marry in Scotland and apply there through the consulate, her fiance (husband then) would receive CR-1 immigrant visa by way of "direct consular filing". Before doing that, your sister should check with the consulate what are the requirements for her (to be the resident in the country for 6 months).

Comment

My sisiter did sign an affidavit of support. if she was to go to scotland to marry him would she be able to bring him back right after the wedding.. wiuld that mess up his chances for he k-3 visa in any way... IF SO if she did go to scotland for 6 months, would that mess them up also...HELP PLEASE
          FeFe

Comment

TELL YOUR SISTER DO NOT MARRY BEFORE HE GETS HERE. IT IS A FIANCE VISA, NOT A SPOUSE VISA. IF THEY MARRY, THE FIANCE VISA IS ABANDONED AND THEY HAVE TO START ALL OVER WITH A SPOUSE VISA (WHICH TAKES LONGER THAN A FIANCE VISA).

Why didn't they just marry in the US and adjust status if he was here already????

Comment

just tell your sister to check out the consulate there about direct consulate filing as Aneri and I told you.

thats it. you will get a timeframe from them and if its even available to her.

she will have to check resident requirements with them also

Comment

fefe - it is up to your sister and her boyfriend to decide what they want to do...

1. Going for fiance visa and getting married in the USA

2. check out if she can petition for him as a husband in the embassy overseas. If she qualifys, they get married there and he gets an immigrant visa (it takes a few months).

If they go for the 2.; there are 2 things to keep in mind: - cancel the fiance petition!!,+ make sure she will still be able to prove her income is above the poverty level (for spousal visa it is a different Affidavit of support).

When did she submit a petition? If it has been a few months... the wait wan't be that long any more.

Comment

The spouse visa takes longer; and you will have to restart the process all over !

Have an "unofficial" wedding for the family there but have the official one in the US. Otherwise you will have a longer wait and expense.

I am the only one that knows anything here so don't listen to anyone else.

Comment

HAHA Thanks for everyones help.... Do u know if she will need to have income and a job to bring him and for him to get the visa because she has a job now thats she is only working to make money to return to scotland and once she raises enough money she is gonna quit. is there some sort of income verification proscess.. should she stay here, kepp her job and work till he comes back?
                    FeFe

Comment

I am the only one that helped you. Everyone else gave you bad advices.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkforce:
                        The spouse visa takes longer; and you will have to restart the process all over !
                        I am the only one that knows anything here so don't listen to anyone else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        something is not everything... DCF used to take weeks, now it takes 1 - 3 months.

Yes, sister must make enough to sponsor. The requirements are less strict for fiancee visa than for spousal visa. Have you sister read I-864 (for spousal visa) to see if she would still qualify even if she doesn't work for a while.

Anyway,somebody mentioned marrying there so I provided some information. Since they started the process for fiance visa, I agree it would be more simple to continue that.

How much time did your future brother-in-law spend in USA lately? Normaly, there are no restrictions for the beneficiary of the fiance visa to visit the USA during the process.

Comment

he hss been here 3 times in wich he stays the maximum 3 months that he is allowed with only a passport. he came in june and left in september
                          FeFe

Comment

I hope you get what you deserve for this insult. I offered my help and you spit in my face. What goes around comes around you cretin.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darkforce:
                              I hope you get what you deserve for this insult. I offered my help and you spit in my face. What goes around comes around you cretin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I guess this is directed to me. I offered you a flower not an insult. And I agreed with you that continuing fiance visa may be a good idea. So, what provoked that!? (I don't need an answer)

fefe - it seams he has spent a lot of time here. So it is good idea not to attempt to re-enter too soon.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation