Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

I need an advice, I just received my 10 year green card few months ago, and I would really like to go and visit my folks in Europe, but my husband, who is an american sitizen, thinks this is not a good idea, and I still haven't find the way to convince him that it will be all right. I am so mad and disappointed, I even consider to just take my staff and leave him, but than I start thinking that he is an angry man and he can do anything to make my life miserable. Is there anything he can do to change my immigration status or any other legal action toward my residence?

I need an advice, I just received my 10 year green card few months ago, and I would really like to go and visit my folks in Europe, but my husband, who is an american sitizen, thinks this is not a good idea, and I still haven't find the way to convince him that it will be all right. I am so mad and disappointed, I even consider to just take my staff and leave him, but than I start thinking that he is an angry man and he can do anything to make my life miserable. Is there anything he can do to change my immigration status or any other legal action toward my residence?

Comment

So you're not concerned about your marriage, just if he can do anything to damage your PR status?

Comment

This is how the thread can make more sense:

I just received my 10 year green card few months ago, I start thinking that he is an angry man. I even consider to just take my staff and leave him. Is there anything he can do to change my immigration status or any other legal action toward my residence?

Thank you for your help,
        Emmybg

Comment

Why does your husband think it is a bad idea for you to go visit your parents? Are you having financial trouble? Do your parents live in a dangerous area? Is he worried that you will get together with an old boyfriend? He might make your life miserable, but it doesn't really matter for the purpose of this board. This is a relationship issue not an immigration issue.

You are a permanent resident. Unless your husband has very strong evidence to show you received your status through fraud, he can do nothing to affect your status as an LPR.

Comment

Thank's OLD MAN
            I haven't seen my parents sice my MOM came to visit us two years ago....we had a great time...
            My I-751 was approved in June but I was told not to travel abroud unless I receive my green card. During that time my husband didn't mind me going and visit my family....but now is a diffrent story...Anyway thank's you for your halp
            Emmybg

Comment

if he continues to give you a hard time, report him to Michael.

Comment

I could say that the relationship between an immigrant and a USC is almost impossible

Comment

Most USCs have a superiority complex over immigrants i.e, the USC thinks they are superior JUST BECAUSE they are USC.

Comment

you're all forgetting that there is another class of citizens: immigrants who were naturalized. Not every USC is born here...

Comment

Injoy is right.

Relationship between natural born USC and immigrant will never work!
                      Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

"USCs love us immigrants because we have less issues and less drama than most natural born USCs"

I can't believe you even said that!!!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed