Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa while waiting for immigration visa

Quick question. My buddy, now a US citizen, is waiting for his families, not US citizens, immigration visas to be approved. He was wondering if they could get a tourist visa to come visit him while waiting or if he will have to continue to be the one to travel to see them?

Quick question. My buddy, now a US citizen, is waiting for his families, not US citizens, immigration visas to be approved. He was wondering if they could get a tourist visa to come visit him while waiting or if he will have to continue to be the one to travel to see them?

Comment

They will not be able to get tourist visas as long as they have pending immigrant visa cases, as they are considered "intending immigrants." The INS will turn them away at the port of entry. It's quite ironic, but that's the way it is.
      Have a nice day

Comment

Yes they can. I have plenty of family members you have done it. You simple have to prove you are not going to immigrante THEN. If you have money, a good job, family ties and all those requirements, they will give you the turist visa.

My sister has a petition filed on her behalf a year a go (it will take 5 more years to get approved) and she came to visit my parents and me a couple months ago. No questions asked at the POE.

My father got a turist visa while his immigration application was being processed. Also my aunt. I guess it will increase the doubts but it doesnt mean a DENIAL for sure.

Comment

Family and job ties are very important to get Tourist visa while immigrant petition is pending. I agree with Cayita because my mother got Tourist visa easily even though her approved petition is still pending. Only they want to make sure that you are going to go back once visa is expired and you have all the reason to go back.

Comment

However it all depends on INS officer who interview that particular applicant at a time. And there is little bit luck is also needed. I have seen people denied at time of interview with no such reason but all depends on what's going on in him or her mind at a time (INS officer).

Comment

It all depend what country your buddy comes from? If it is Asian then just for get about.

Cayita: your parent and sister was lucy to get the visa, very few people respect the laws.
              but even this will not prove to the Consular Officer. I know a person he had been traveling to US when he was only 23 years and he always had first five years visa, then he got ten, when that expires when he went to apply he was denied. How you will see this case.

Comment

1. First you need to get the visa, once you
                got the visa.
                2 . It is not a guarantee that you will be
                allowed Entry in to US, now it depands on
                the Inspector at the port of Entry. he will
                allow you or denied.
                3. You have two steps to get into US.

Comment

For the record, it's two different organizations that are involved. The Dept. of State issues the visa (or not). The former INS decides whether or not to admit you to the US at ports of entry, and how long a visitor's visa is good for.

Comment

if they are coming from a country that US allows visa wavier can't they come visit and when they come through customs when asked just say they are there on vacation visiting family?

Comment

More than likely a visitor's visa will be denied my Mother,sister and brother were denied twice they had plenty of proof that they were going to return but on both times the officer refused to look at their documents,however my other brothers and sisters obtained visitors visas before 9-11 and before their petitions were filed come and visit me and my brother(USC) often and had never overstayed, my mother told that to the officer the second time but the officer refused to listen to her saying that since their petitions were filed they were intending to immigrate good luck!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation