Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNAUTHORIZED EMPLOYMENT

What can happen if person who entered country legally but is now out of status has worked without getting employment authorization? For this scenario, let's also assume illegal is Cuban. Can't deport Cubans, right? However, I assume when applying for adjustment of status and work authorization now, it will be asked on applications if this person ever worked before illegally. Obviously, the person cannot lie. It is usually grounds for deportability if one works without authorization (unless married to U.S. citizen or LPR, I believe). Thanks for any help on this.

I believe you already answer this question yourself. Its your choice. You can lie and if the USCIS found out, it'll be double jeopardy for deportation. IIRC only marriage to USC exclude it.

Comment

doesn't 245i also forgive illegal work?

Comment

yes, i think 245i would as well. But 245i its a moot point in this person's case.

Comment

If the ilegal is cuban then he can adjust to a greencard after one year

Comment

245i doesn't apply in this case. The question is "what happnes to a Cuban who worked without authorization if trying to adjust status?". Lastly, does a Cuban need an affidavit of support - what I read indicates "no", that there is no public charge of inadmissability against Cubans. But wouldn't, let's say, an I-134 help if Cuban has been here for a few years to show it won't be a problem if he becomes an LPR?

Comment

Are you really an attorney?

Comment

He claims to be one. I just find it ironic how this person seek free advice and then proceed to charge $$$ for the very same advice to his client. Sympathy is almost automatic to his clientele.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation