X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 in New York City

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how long it takes to get interview appt. for AOS through marriage with US Citizen in New York City district office?.

My profile:

-I-130 and I-485 received by National Benefit Center on May 2003.
    -My wife is a naturalized US citizen
    -I did fingerprinting and biometrics on December 2003.
    -I'm about to receive my 2nd Employment Authorization Document.
    -I overstayed the 6 months given on the I-94 with B2 Visa

And what are my chances they deny me a green card, if I'm filing a second application for AOS with a new wife.

In other words, I filed in 2001 with my ex-wife, but I never showed up to the interview because my marriage didn't work out. Later, I got divorce, met my current wife and re-apply AOS for the second time.

Please, don't suggest me to see the Processing Time posted on the USCIS homepage, because those are really messed up.

Ver

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how long it takes to get interview appt. for AOS through marriage with US Citizen in New York City district office?.

My profile:

-I-130 and I-485 received by National Benefit Center on May 2003.
    -My wife is a naturalized US citizen
    -I did fingerprinting and biometrics on December 2003.
    -I'm about to receive my 2nd Employment Authorization Document.
    -I overstayed the 6 months given on the I-94 with B2 Visa

And what are my chances they deny me a green card, if I'm filing a second application for AOS with a new wife.

In other words, I filed in 2001 with my ex-wife, but I never showed up to the interview because my marriage didn't work out. Later, I got divorce, met my current wife and re-apply AOS for the second time.

Please, don't suggest me to see the Processing Time posted on the USCIS homepage, because those are really messed up.

Ver

Comment

timeline is around 2 years or more.

Comment

First AOS application was filed in NJ

Comment

"Can anybody tell me how long it takes to get interview appt. for AOS through marriage with US Citizen in New York City district office?. "

Comment

minimum 2 years from filing date. NYC is processing cases filed in 5/02 (for the most part).

Comment

I filed mine in 2/02 but until now I have no clue when I'll gonna have my interview.

Comment

clare23,
                Call the BCIS 800 number to follow up on your
                application. My receipt date was March 2002, and i had my interview last July 1.
                Have you had your fingerprints taken?

Comment

if you wait more than 2 years, chances are something with your case that hold up the interview...i saw lots of people here with i 485 got interview less than 2 years....(kalla is one)...
                  i sent mine march 2003..., did fingerprint end of april...i'm on my second ead now...
                  what you guys think, should i apply for advance parole or just wait for the greencard before i travel back to my country?

Comment

Andy I think that you are absolutely right. In my case I was surprised though, the USCIS website posts 06 May 2002 as the current processing date and my priority date is 22 September 2002. I was interviewed in NYC on June 02, 2004. Still waiting for that approval letter due to background check.

I believe that as soon as your priority date falls behind the processing date and you have not heard anything from BCIS, you shoud contact your congressman, that way at least you will know at which stage your file is within the system, and you will feel better. A friend of mine was in the same situation, his congressman told him exactly where the file was and the cause of the delay.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

I did my fingerpint for AOS in February of 2004 but until now I haven't heard anything about my case. It's truly frustrating!

Comment

same here, still waiting for the interview date. Priority is May 2002. The processing time has not moved up since last month. I dont want to wait anymore --- if it comes, it comes.

Comment

just check the timeline on nyc...they updated on july 16....i 485 is working on may 6/2002...last month, they working on may 2/2002

one month and it moves 4 days...

Comment

wow what a change, just 4 days in one month.

Comment

I keep telling people not to place stock in those numbers. NYC doesn't schedule the vast majority of their cases anymore and at present the processing date is not accurate here is why:

All cases have been forwarded to NBC (or MSC) for pre-interview processing (i.e., creating A-files, starting records checks, sending out receipt notices, etc.). After this is complete the cases are in a pool, let's call it LEVEL A, of cases waiting for all pre-processing clearances to be obtained. The computer checks at intervals to see that all clearances are obtained and when they are all clear that case drops from LEVEL A to LEVEL B (the pool of cases ready for scheduling). When the cases are in LEVEL B they are scheduled first-come, first-served (oldest receipt date). Unfortunately, the pool of cases in LEVEL B is anywhere from several hundred to a couple of thousand and the pool of cases still in LEVEL A is in the neighborhood of 40,000+. So even saying 5/02 is inaccurate because there are cases that are older than that waiting for scheduling that aren't "interview ready" yet and there are cases that may have been filed after that have already dropped into the scheduler that will get scheduled. Until more of the AOS filings drop into LEVEL B the processing date will always be inaccurate. I'm sure that was as clear as mud.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation