LULAC & CSS update...what to do now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you all get treated better than I did.

Cheers

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IAP settlement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      I'm confused, can you clarify what the IAP settlement is?
      Thanks

Comment

Have you heard if someone have been approved by the AAO in their LIFE or I-687 cases?

Comment

YES!!!

I-687 approved and without interview. After the 19th month, I applied for the permanent staus ( form I-698), had interview then and was also approved.

In that original filing of I-687, I did use the IAP (presence known to the governement and I specifically sited which examples) as one of my reasons for applying. I also had proof of continued existence. Those helped my case get approved.

Folks in the US, you have to MAKE AND PRESENT your case. You cannot and should not leave it to the attorneys and or the USCIS to make the case for you. It is your job to proof beyond a showdow of a doubt that you qualify.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

My case is pending since August 2007 with AAO, My I-687 was not approved becuase I needed more affidavits which I presented after the interview, however, I got a letter after that saying that my case was not approved. I appeal my case for I 687 to AAO and now I have pending my I 485 of Life which was not approved 2 years ago. I an sending more (affidavits) to see what happen. My EAD was renew until 2009.

Comment

As per my experience and others, they are not accepting affidavits as any proof, they want to see legal docs. as per life act guidelines. Good thing is that your case is pending and you are able to renew your EAD for atleast another year. Hopefully, we will have new govt. and some legalization comes in, we all will be the first one to take advantage of it. We just need more time. If this new settlement comes in thru which is discussed here, this will only give chance to all the denials/pending to reapply and then wait again for their decision. Which I believe will only buy time to the applicants, as I dont' think any of the denial/pending have any legal docs. for over 25 years to prove anything. Whatever they have already approved are the once, they would give to. So, don't keep your hopes too high under any of lulac/css settlements as USCIS do not follow the courts orders anyways. Which we all have seen it with our experience. So, just pray for some kind of CIR bill to come thru. and be grateful that you are still able to renew your EAD.

Comment

Pearl, once again you're absolutely right.

I think the bottom line is that dealing with the CIS is comparable to everything else in life. It's simply not fair. Whether or not you get legalized has as much to do with luck, as it does qualifications.

108jam succeeded without an interview, clearly the adjudicator thought his case was strong. I myself sustained 3 interviews with 3 different officers, clearly they also thought my case was strong. As the final interview (2 hours 35 minutes of redundant interrogation) commenced, I was told " we are going to start in 1982, and go over each year, each month, each day, every hour. If I have to."

108jam consider yourself very lucky, or maybe I was just very unlucky?

Comment

Unique:

Luck is ONE thing...but how you assemble and present your case can make or break your case.

I am extremely lucky but was also very hard working in that I learnt HOW TO DO IT LIKE AN ATTORNEY.

When I first interviewed attorneys to take my case, no one would. All of them told me mine was a lost case, not going to happen. That's because they did not know the details to LULAC, CSS etc....

I made myself learn everything I could about the case, always keeping a possitive attitude.Positve attitude will win half your better or at least it will attract the positive to you.

Thanks to Peter Shey's office, a young attorney by the name of Charles Song---who called and basically walked me thru what it will take to get approved. I don't know why he called and talked to me..... but he did.

Also thanks to another lady I found on the website, she also helped me with the forms, affidivits, how to stack them so they can be found easily, etc....

I assembled my application package just like an attorney would, making it so easy for whoever picked up the package to find everything in order very easily. Every document they needed complied in order. I know if I was the one looking at the file, I would look for reasons to approve rather than reasons to throw this file with the rest of the unapprovable.

Folks, you have to build your case. They would tend to want to find fault with you. Make your case, give them everything BEYOND a showdow of a doubt that you deserve to be here. Don't give them the easy reasons to DENY you.

Now its another chance with this Final settlement---come on folks, the door is open again. Present your case ---your life depends on it.

Comment

I hope final settlement agreement will be available before week ends.

Comment

bannister more information please.my i687 and aao denied.and been holding ead since 1990,denied life too.
                      sa

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shafiq344:
                        bannister more information please.my i687 and aao denied.and been holding ead since 1990,denied life too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS TO WAIT FOR THE PROPOSED SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WHICH BE OUT SOON. DRAFT IS AVAILABLE AT DISTRICT COURT OF SEATLE CASE # 88-0379

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 108jam:
                          Unique:

Luck is ONE thing...but how you assemble and present your case can make or break your case.

I am extremely lucky but was also very hard working in that I learnt HOW TO DO IT LIKE AN ATTORNEY.

When I first interviewed attorneys to take my case, no one would. All of them told me mine was a lost case, not going to happen. That's because they did not know the details to LULAC, CSS etc....

I made myself learn everything I could about the case, always keeping a possitive attitude.Positve attitude will win half your better or at least it will attract the positive to you.

Thanks to Peter Shey's office, a young attorney by the name of Charles Song---who called and basically walked me thru what it will take to get approved. I don't know why he called and talked to me..... but he did.

Also thanks to another lady I found on the website, she also helped me with the forms, affidivits, how to stack them so they can be found easily, etc....

I assembled my application package just like an attorney would, making it so easy for whoever picked up the package to find everything in order very easily. Every document they needed complied in order. I know if I was the one looking at the file, I would look for reasons to approve rather than reasons to throw this file with the rest of the unapprovable.

Folks, you have to build your case. They would tend to want to find fault with you. Make your case, give them everything BEYOND a showdow of a doubt that you deserve to be here. Don't give them the easy reasons to DENY you.

Now its another chance with this Final settlement---come on folks, the door is open again. Present your case ---your life depends on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I like you're story. Is it possible for me to chat with you sometime so that I can do the same thing? I would really like the same thing to happen for my father so that he can finally visit his parents.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation