X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LULAC & CSS update...what to do now?

Hello,
    I mantained a legal status under the LULAC and CSS because I entered the US before 1982. When I was finally granted an interview, I was not able to show the immigration officer my I-94 because I did not have one. I told her that I had snuck into the country illegaly via the cargo boat I worked, but she did not care to listen and ended the interview immediately. Currently, I have not status in the US because LULAC & CSS are no longer active. Recently, I hired a lawyer to resubmit all my applications/proof materials that showed that I was in the US before 1982, but have yet to recieve any type of confirmation letter from the immigration office. I feel like I've wasted thousands of dollars in lawyer and immigration fees, just to make some progress. Nothing has happened as of yet and I am really worried that I will soon be deported. I have children in the US that have student status and they can't afford to loose me. Any idea on what I can do to atleast gain back a legal status?
    Thanks and any advise is appreciated...

Hello,
    I mantained a legal status under the LULAC and CSS because I entered the US before 1982. When I was finally granted an interview, I was not able to show the immigration officer my I-94 because I did not have one. I told her that I had snuck into the country illegaly via the cargo boat I worked, but she did not care to listen and ended the interview immediately. Currently, I have not status in the US because LULAC & CSS are no longer active. Recently, I hired a lawyer to resubmit all my applications/proof materials that showed that I was in the US before 1982, but have yet to recieve any type of confirmation letter from the immigration office. I feel like I've wasted thousands of dollars in lawyer and immigration fees, just to make some progress. Nothing has happened as of yet and I am really worried that I will soon be deported. I have children in the US that have student status and they can't afford to loose me. Any idea on what I can do to atleast gain back a legal status?
    Thanks and any advise is appreciated...

Comment

phantom6274,

I hate to tell you, but your situation is very bad. I think you already know this.

There are millions of undocumented illegal aliens in the USA. Unfortunately you are now documented, therefore you will get deported. This is the price you will have to pay for trying to do the right thing.

To put this into perspective, imagine you robbed a bank and did not get caught. After a few years the guilt was bothering you, so you go to the police return the money and confess. What do you think would happen? That's exactly what you did by applying for CSS/Newman/LULAC. You turned yourself in. Now you will be punished very severely.

If you were here before 1982 that means you are not so young anymore. If you get deported 5 years from now, you will be that much older when you arrive back in your home Country. Making the adjustment will be very difficult. The USCIS will never legalize you, so basically your dead in the water.

Prepare yourself.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phantom6274:
        Hello,
        Thanks and any advise is appreciated... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need affidavit at minimum to show that you were here. At any rate wait till May 29 to see what federal court judge had to say. You application case is not closed yet. It is still embodied in IAP v USCIS proposed settlement agreement coming up hopefully in June. USCIS has signed off we are awaiting Dept of Justice signature

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">phantom6274 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

phantom6274:

Did the interviewing officer say anything to you when she ended the interview?

Did you receive any DENIAL letters? Or notification from USCIS stating that you have been denied?

Is your EAD still valid?

If you receive the denial letter or Intent to deny---you must APPEAL and submit ALL proof of your presence BEFORE 1982 PLUS from 1982 all the way thru present. The more detailed the documentation the better---start making a whole folder of it and PLEASE KEEP A SET for yourself---DO NOT SEND IN ORIGINALS.

Start preparing your HARD SHIP LETTER---write one that will make anyone cry when they read it. Seriously!!!

YES, wait till the IAP updates at teh end of the month to see if there is any room for you to squeeze yourself thru.

Good luck.

Comment

phantom6274:

Also, did you file for the LIFE ACT as well too? Maybe there is some hope there.

Comment

You people just don't understand.

It does not matter what the Court or the Judge or the Law says. The USCIS does what it wants period. All these cases must be looked at on an individual basis.

Due to the nature of these cases, the ball is in the CIS's court. They can easily find a million ways to deny any CSS/Newman/LULAC case if they want to. No matter how much evidence you have they can always ask for more, or for something they know you don't have.

A new court ruling will only irritate the CIS more and they of course will make the individual pay personally.

The only way to win this battle, is to personally take the CIS to court and win your own case.

Can't you see, whatever ruling the class action may win is superfluous. The court does not police the USCIS. In other words your thrown back into the hands of the one who just beat you up. With nobody watching, they will beat you to death this time.

Comment

Unique,

We all view things through the distortion of our own prism. For quite sometime now, you have been spewing out this anger-ladden remarks/responses to questions regarding CSS/LULAC. I think that since you have repeated yourself enough, it is time to put it to rest. Let those who want to "keep hope alive" do so, even if they may fall short in the end.

If I remember correctly, you once reported here that, after having lost hope, you suddenly received a letter from CIS in which someone tried to do right by you--they reversed a previous adverse decision against you. Is that right? If so, then you of all people should have learned to temper your remarks with some modicum of restraint. Furthermore, it is a well-known fact, that the Immigration Board of Appeal has been known to find against the CIS, when faced with compelling case. That means, the plight of CSS/LULAC applicants may not be as hopeless as you seem to beleive.

Now, to the original poster, as others have suggested, you may be able to benefit from the IAP settlement, but bear in mind that the settelement is for a narrowly defined group of people--those, whose violation was "Known to the government". You need to understand how this is defined and then see if you can benefit from the settlement.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WaitingToExhale:
                  Unique,

We all view things through the distortion of our own prism. For quite sometime now, you have been spewing out this anger-ladden remarks/responses to questions regarding CSS/LULAC. I think that since you have repeated yourself enough, it is time to put it to rest. Let those who want to "keep hope alive" do so, even if they may fall short in the end.

If I remember correctly, you once reported here that, after having lost hope, you suddenly received a letter from CIS in which someone tried to do right by you--they reversed a previous adverse decision against you. Is that right? If so, then you of all people should have learned to temper your remarks with some modicum of restraint. Furthermore, it is a well-known fact, that the Immigration Board of Appeal has been known to find against the CIS, when faced with compelling case. That means, the plight of CSS/LULAC applicants may not be as hopeless as you seem to beleive.

Now, to the original poster, as others have suggested, you may be able to benefit from the IAP settlement, but bear in mind that the settelement is for a narrowly defined group of people--those, whose violation was "Known to the government". You need to understand how this is defined and then see if you can benefit from the settlement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for this brilliant piece. I add that all denied and pending LULAC/CSS and LIFE ACT are all included in the IAP settlement.

Comment

Bannister,
                    Let us know whats the results of IAP settlements after May 29th.

All of us waiting anxiously.

Comment

taxreg16 ; what's IAP???

Comment

Bannister,

There is nothing brilliant about WaitingToExhale comments.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSalas:
                          taxreg16 ; what's IAP??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JSalas,
                          IAP is the same like CSS/LULAC.. Only thing is Govt. was known the status of the applicant that they were here before 1982.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by taxreg16:
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSalas:
                            taxreg16 ; what's IAP??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JSalas,
                            IAP is the same like CSS/LULAC.. Only thing is Govt. was known the status of the applicant that they were here before 1982. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only that. If govt had denied or held that your unlawful status is not continous enough you will have a new chance for review under IAP v uscis

Comment

Please can you clarify IAP vs USCIS, we already had a settlement on 2005 that most of the applicants have been denied.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation