X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport application

Howdy!

I recently received my conditional Green Card. I'm married to a USC and we're planning to visit her family in South Texas in the near future. However, my passport (UK) expires in July, hence I need to send it off for a new application. My question is, will this be a problem when travelling from South Texas, i.e. via an INS checkpoint? Does the Green card effectively serve as a passport? We'd also like to cross into Mexico for the day; Would I also need a passport for that, or is the green card sufficient? Not a huge problem, I realise, but I'd appreciate some assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Howdy!

I recently received my conditional Green Card. I'm married to a USC and we're planning to visit her family in South Texas in the near future. However, my passport (UK) expires in July, hence I need to send it off for a new application. My question is, will this be a problem when travelling from South Texas, i.e. via an INS checkpoint? Does the Green card effectively serve as a passport? We'd also like to cross into Mexico for the day; Would I also need a passport for that, or is the green card sufficient? Not a huge problem, I realise, but I'd appreciate some assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Are you going through Canada or Mexico? You can usually cross into Mexico for the day without a passport. Driver's license works.

Comment

Just into Mexico for the day. I was just wondering if the green card was enough on it's own , or does it require the passport to support it. My Texas driver's license is on it's way to me right now, so I'll have that too.

Comment

You should apply to the British Embassy in Washington, D.C., for a new passport.

You can download and print the necessary forms from the Embassy's website: http://www.britainusa.com/

According to the website, there may be a delay in issuing new passports, and they can no longer guarantee a ten-day turnaround.

Comment

Thanks for the help, people!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs