Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change for a Permanent Resident

Hi, I am a permanent resident in United Stated while still citizen of Russia. I want to change my name in Russia, which is allowed by The Constitution of Russia. Will it be a legal ground for changing my name on Permanent Residence Card? Thank you.

Hi, I am a permanent resident in United Stated while still citizen of Russia. I want to change my name in Russia, which is allowed by The Constitution of Russia. Will it be a legal ground for changing my name on Permanent Residence Card? Thank you.

Comment

Of course - didn't you know that only politicians (e.g. Spitzer) are allowed to lead a double life.

Just joking!

But I would think, that if you want to change your name in Russia, it would have to be changed here too.

Regards,
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronald Eizen:
        Hi, I am a permanent resident in United Stated while still citizen of Russia. I want to change my name in Russia, which is allowed by The Constitution of Russia. Will it be a legal ground for changing my name on Permanent Residence Card? Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        What kind of name change you have in mind?
        Anyhow, I believe that the processes in two countries are separated. When you change your name in Russia, you can't simply send the copy of your new passport and ask for name change on GC. If you are changing the name because of the marriage, you can simply take the marriage certificate to SS office and get new SS card. After that you can change GC.
        If there is some other reason, I think you'll need to do that through the court in the USA.
        Well, at least that's what I was told some years ago... but have never realy looked into ...

Whatever you do - be consistent! That's more important than it seams now...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation