Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B's gone, what other possiblities?

hey guys i could really use some advice please.
    i finished my B.F.A in arts on nov. last year and have been on OPT since. i'm a computer artist and my opt will last me until january 30 2008. i was planning on start working in studio with H1B but i just learned they all ran out in 2 days. i am a strong competition to many artists in my field and finding work isnt a problem for me. but i have no idea what else i can do to get a visa or stay in the country working. i dont have enough experience to get O1 special artist visa. this is insane i have 7 months to stay in the country and work but when it's over..it's over. could anyone suggest a way or a visa that will allow me to remain and work in the industry that is desperately looking to hire artists like myself(both american and foreign) but stuck with visa limitations? even if i remain here and find a studio that will apply for h1b for me next year, wont it be just as bad? all h1b's gone in 2 days and only 30% of the 150,000 applicants on april first got their h1bs the rest didnt. this can only get worse right? next year i imagine only 10% will get theirs? i spent 4.5 years studying in the us and working on my portfolio which is strong enough to find work in many places here but now the immigration laws completely shattered my chances of working here. what can i do? thank you

hey guys i could really use some advice please.
    i finished my B.F.A in arts on nov. last year and have been on OPT since. i'm a computer artist and my opt will last me until january 30 2008. i was planning on start working in studio with H1B but i just learned they all ran out in 2 days. i am a strong competition to many artists in my field and finding work isnt a problem for me. but i have no idea what else i can do to get a visa or stay in the country working. i dont have enough experience to get O1 special artist visa. this is insane i have 7 months to stay in the country and work but when it's over..it's over. could anyone suggest a way or a visa that will allow me to remain and work in the industry that is desperately looking to hire artists like myself(both american and foreign) but stuck with visa limitations? even if i remain here and find a studio that will apply for h1b for me next year, wont it be just as bad? all h1b's gone in 2 days and only 30% of the 150,000 applicants on april first got their h1bs the rest didnt. this can only get worse right? next year i imagine only 10% will get theirs? i spent 4.5 years studying in the us and working on my portfolio which is strong enough to find work in many places here but now the immigration laws completely shattered my chances of working here. what can i do? thank you

Comment

You didn't say what country you are from, but if you are a Canadian citizen you could apply for a TN Visa. Then when H1b's are available you could apply/adjust to that.

See: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1274.html

Comment

right sorry, from israel not canada. would it be possible to transfer to h3 once opt expires? how difficult is h3 to get? anything else i can get to keep me from january20th until (and if) i get h1b next year?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation