Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomberg presses for immigration reform

WASHINGTON (Marke****ch) — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg came to Washington Wednesday with a plan for comprehensive immigration reform, calling on Congress to adopt four ideas he believes will speed economic recovery and create jobs.

“As we approach the end of 2011, two things are clear: the American economy remains in serious trouble, and more of the same isn’t doing the trick to keep us out of that,” said Bloomberg, who spoke before the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Read more here

Jose Antonio Vargas, who started lobbying for immigration reform after revealing in The New York Times Magazine that he has been in the U.S. illegally since he was 12, is now writing about immigration issues and critiquing media coverage. His stories will be published on the website of his advocacy organization Define American.

“Immigration is an issue I never squarely faced; it’s an issue I never fully and deeply reported on,” Vargas writes in his first post, noting that perhaps 10 of his 600 or so stories dealt with the issue. “That changes now.” Read more here
    -BoardWizard

WASHINGTON (Marke****ch) — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg came to Washington Wednesday with a plan for comprehensive immigration reform, calling on Congress to adopt four ideas he believes will speed economic recovery and create jobs.

“As we approach the end of 2011, two things are clear: the American economy remains in serious trouble, and more of the same isn’t doing the trick to keep us out of that,” said Bloomberg, who spoke before the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Read more here

Jose Antonio Vargas, who started lobbying for immigration reform after revealing in The New York Times Magazine that he has been in the U.S. illegally since he was 12, is now writing about immigration issues and critiquing media coverage. His stories will be published on the website of his advocacy organization Define American.

“Immigration is an issue I never squarely faced; it’s an issue I never fully and deeply reported on,” Vargas writes in his first post, noting that perhaps 10 of his 600 or so stories dealt with the issue. “That changes now.” Read more here
    -BoardWizard

Comment

Dream on. I think people should wake up and stop believing those politicians. America cannot feed its people now do you really think any immigration reform will be passing. For people who are waiting for MR. Obama to do anything about immigration need to wake and smell the coffee. He will only do what republicans want he is very week president. He is only making same noise now because of election and very few people will get employment authorization out of it. Look how forceful when it came for health care reform or the job bill but when it comes to immigration he blames the republicans and will not be able to do it without them. Well at least send a bill to them.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation