X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 denied while on vaction outside the country

Hi all,

My wife and I are happily marriaged. We have a daughter who turns 1 year this weekend, house, mortgage, job, etc.

In November 2006 we filed an I-751 to remove the conditions on residence. Since we did not receive an I-979 confirmation before our Xmas vacation 2006 I went to the local office and they gave me a stamp in my passport. The I-979 from the original application arrived the day before we left for Xmas. So I now have two case numbers (EAC#)

6 months later, may 2007, we all went on vacation to my home country Denmark. My wife and daughter stayed for 11 days while I stay behind for another 14 days.

Two days after my wife and daughter return home we got a letter stating that my I-751 was denied for failure to appear for biometrics capture at the local Application Support Center. The letter refered to the EAC in my passport. The other EAC is still pending on the website.

Our problem is that we did never received an invitation for a biometrics scan.

I am now in Denmark, my status has been removed, my wife and daughter are at home and I don't know how to get home for my daughters 1 year birthday. My flight is on Friday June 15th.

Should I use my GC which is out of status? Or should I use the waiver program or is there any rule that prevent me from doing that. I have a ticket to travel back to Denmark a week later - so I have a return ticket.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I have been at the US Embassy in Copenhagen, called the 1-800# of my service center and none of them seem to be able to help me or guide me. If I cannot get into the US, I cannot make an INFOPASS appointment and talk to an officer.

Any idea what to do?

Hi all,

My wife and I are happily marriaged. We have a daughter who turns 1 year this weekend, house, mortgage, job, etc.

In November 2006 we filed an I-751 to remove the conditions on residence. Since we did not receive an I-979 confirmation before our Xmas vacation 2006 I went to the local office and they gave me a stamp in my passport. The I-979 from the original application arrived the day before we left for Xmas. So I now have two case numbers (EAC#)

6 months later, may 2007, we all went on vacation to my home country Denmark. My wife and daughter stayed for 11 days while I stay behind for another 14 days.

Two days after my wife and daughter return home we got a letter stating that my I-751 was denied for failure to appear for biometrics capture at the local Application Support Center. The letter refered to the EAC in my passport. The other EAC is still pending on the website.

I am now in Denmark, my status has been removed, my wife and daughter are at home and I don't know how to get home for my daughters 1 year birthday. My flight is on Friday June 15th.

Should I use my GC which is out of status? Or should I use the waiver program or is there any rule that prevent me from doing that. I have a ticket to travel back to Denmark a week later - so I have a return ticket.

I have been at the US Embassy in Copenhagen, called the 1-800# of my service center and none of them seem to be able to help me or guide me. If I cannot get into the US, I cannot make an INFOPASS appointment and talk to an officer.

Any idea what to do?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d95sld95:
      I cannot make an INFOPASS appointment and talk to an officer.
      ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't your wife do that? and sort out the mess in the local office?

If you want to fly on the 15th, there is realy not much time.

What does the notice says? Can you appeal? file montion to reopen / reconsider?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ontion to reopen / rec </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot appeal but I will be able to file a motion to reopen.

Comment

Another fraudster bites the dust !

Comment

Listen, Son of Michael I am getting tired of your un-sensitive and nasty comments..This website is to help people that have issues and all you do is insult and bash...Don't you have anything else to do with your time?? Whatever you do wrong here, it will come back to you three times worse.. I think you should change your nickname to Son of a B...h, becuase that is what you are....

Comment

un-sensitive is not a word; I believe you meant insensitive. LEARN TO SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH LIKE ME ! I have not said anything insenstive or nasty. The internet is for AMERICANS ! We are here to help Americans not foreigners. This guy scammed an American and got caught by our immigration agents. I am a good guy because I fight fraud and give good advices.

Comment

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: I am the most PRO-Immigration person on this board. I believe the future of America depends on having beautiful mail order brides come here and regenerating the population. We can not have an old age population as they do in Japan or resort to allowing Muslims as they do in Europe. The future of democracy and freesom depends on beautiful mail order brides. I have never said anything bad about immigration so don't make your false accusations against me anymore !!!

Comment

Have your wife hire a lawyer to work on your behalf while you are outside the US.

Comment

Didn't you call INS to find out what's going on with your biometric appointment before you leave for Denmark? May be you didn't know the procurers. You must have received NOA before you leave, which says your conditional GC is extended for a year. If yes, then I think you're still able to come back to the US. If not, you better contact a lawyer. Good luck!

Comment

Hi all,

Hi, what's going on with your case? Please give us some information about it. I think you will be all right unless you have done some kind of big crime. You didn't receive the letter and you miss the appointment that's not your fault. That's not a big deal I guess. It happens with lots of people because the mail gets lost some times. You better call the INS and tell them that you didn't receive your app letter. They will give you a chance to reschedule an appointment to capture your biometric info I think. Good luck!

Comment

Calling the International Neuropsychological Society (INS http://www.the-ins.org/) is NOT going to help this man. He should contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Please do not give out stupid advices ! This man is in serious trouble !!

Comment

I mean USCIS. You must call the USCIS and tell them your problem, and then they will ask you to reschedule your appointment to capture the biometric information. Good luck man!

Comment

Sonofmichael you know what????? F U C K Y O U¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ B I T C H

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d95sld95:
                              Hi all,

In November 2006 we filed an I-751 to remove the conditions on residence. Since we did not receive an I-979 confirmation before our Xmas vacation 2006 I went to the local office and they gave me a stamp in my passport. The I-979 from the original application arrived the day before we left for Xmas. So I now have two case numbers (EAC#) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly is this confirmation 'I-979' that you said you did not receive?

And, you have TWO completely different EAC #'s ? Do you think that might complicate matters in the future ? I do. Your wife might want to bring that up to your local office. Obviously since she is here & you're in Denmark... she's going to have to do the legwork for you.

Sorry to say this, but I think you're going to have a rough go of it.

Good luck !
                              God Bless America ! Love IT ....or LEAVE it !

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation