X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    You are welcome... Dont worry abt it... my conditional GC is expiring in couple of months and I m going on Europe tour....Have a great day...

Leave a comment:

• osm079
    replied
    You made my day Pasha. Thank you..

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    u wont have any problem .... i travelled 2 times with conditional green card... have a safe journey...

Leave a comment:

• osm079
    replied
    I'm planning a trip to Turkey around July.I have my Perminant Resident Card and I-551 stamp on my passport. While entering back in US, has anybody experienced any problem? Is there a possibility that I may not be allowed to get beack in the country?

Leave a comment:

• moondin
    replied
    Here want a free tip:

When flashing your passport with i-551. Also thrown down your DL and SSN card.

It just makes you seem more confident about your status -- and can be the "swaying of the on-the-spot implicit decision making" of the officer to send u to secondary or not.

Not 100% effective, but at least it'll raise your chances of zippin' right through. It at least shows you've been through 2-3 federal agencies already.

-= nav =-

Leave a comment:

• malf
    replied
    ARQU, Thanks. That helped me a lot to understand what to expect when returning to the US.

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    When crossing the border with just the I-551 (temp.) in your passport you may be ushered over to the office while they verify the authenticity of the stamp. Basically, they look you up on their computer systems to verify your status then they send you on your way.

That has been my personal experience when entering New York from Europe. When entering from Canada, I have not even experienced that minor delay and was sent straight through.

At the worst, it is a minor 10 or 15 minute delay if they do decide to verify your stamp.

Hope that helps...

ARQU

Leave a comment:

• malf
    replied
    Can someone out there who has travelled on the I-551 (temporary) stamp in their passport respond to this message? What was your experience on returning to the US? Did you have to undergo secondary inspection, since you did not have the I-551 plastic card? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• malf
    started a topic Travelling with I-551 (temporary) stamp in passport

Travelling with I-551 (temporary) stamp in passport

Can someone out there who has travelled on the I-551 (temporary) stamp in their passport respond to this message? What was your experience on returning to the US? Did you have to undergo secondary inspection, since you did not have the I-551 plastic card? Thanks.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney