Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 765/Green Card

I have been in this country for over 16 years, I have an I-485 pending through my mother (US Citizen) and it has taken so long. Have been to several immigration attorneys, and they all get the same reply "FBI Background pending". Anyways, I am totally americanized, my fiance is American, all my friends are Americans, I speak perfect English and still have not been able to visit my Dad after more than 16 years.
    Just renewed my 4th work permit, and because there was a change in procedures (now, they determine your appointment date), I might have to lose my job again(like it happened last year, I actually lost my job because the work permit did not arrive in time). More people here in such ridiculous situation? I have been paying taxes for the last 4 years, have no criminal background and have no idea WHEN I am getting this Green Card. Also, I have no country to go back to because, I basically "grew up here" and have no links to my home country. When is this all going to end?

I have been in this country for over 16 years, I have an I-485 pending through my mother (US Citizen) and it has taken so long. Have been to several immigration attorneys, and they all get the same reply "FBI Background pending". Anyways, I am totally americanized, my fiance is American, all my friends are Americans, I speak perfect English and still have not been able to visit my Dad after more than 16 years.
    Just renewed my 4th work permit, and because there was a change in procedures (now, they determine your appointment date), I might have to lose my job again(like it happened last year, I actually lost my job because the work permit did not arrive in time). More people here in such ridiculous situation? I have been paying taxes for the last 4 years, have no criminal background and have no idea WHEN I am getting this Green Card. Also, I have no country to go back to because, I basically "grew up here" and have no links to my home country. When is this all going to end?

Comment

How long has your case been pending? Have you gone to your interview? thanks

Comment

StillWaiting,
        I was in a similar situation until 4wks ago when I got my greencard. I actually just saw my dad for the first time, in 18yrs! As long as your I-485 is pending, you should be able to get an EAD. I was on TPS for about 8 yrs(one EAD every year) and sometimes the EAD was late-they would terminate me and then re-hire as soon as the EAD arrived. It will end soon, don't give up yet.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation