X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake01
    replied
    Aneri, yes I went to Oklahoma City, I wasn't able to file thru dora tho, I think it may have been due to the overstay? not sure, I didnt want to push things and ask why I couldn't go thru Dora and had to send my package to chicago, as the IO was really nice to go thru our paperwork with us, to make sure we hadn't made any mistakes when we went for the Info pass appointment.

The process went really quickly for us, and I am so glad it did, especially with the new immigration laws in Oklahoma.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    Hi Jake01, your timeline is close to the "dream one". Would you share which USCIS local office is so efficient (if not DORA)? I am just curious, nothing else... you can PM me with the info if you don't want to "advertise". No obligations.

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    You as his sponsor needs to be earning $30,162 that is the poverty guideline for a household of 5, if you do not earn this amount you can include assets, or get a co sponsor that will help you make up the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf

Leave a comment:

• romania
    replied
    CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHICH FORM I864 I USE THEY HAVE TOO MANY

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    This is what I posted in another thread, I have just been thru the process myself,

Below I have included my Timeline, the only advise I can give,:

1. We did not use a Lawyer, we read the instructions that come with the application forms, if you feel comfortable filling out the forms yourself and have no criminal background or skeletons in the closet save your $$$$.

2. Patience, once you are in the throws of the process, I couldn't beleive how many times a day I checked the online status, it changed only twice, that was to let me know my EAD card had been ordered, and that my Welcome letter had been mailed.

3. If your marriage is true, and you love one another, you have no worries at the interview.

4. If you have any questions, go to a discussion forum, most of the time the people are really nice, and will answer you.

My Timeline

08/25/04 Arrived in US
    10/07/04 Married
    06/25/07 I-693 Medical Completed
    07/05/07 AOS Package sent to Chicago (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-864,I-693) (Day 1)
    07/09/07 AOS Package received and signed for (certified mail)
    07/17/07 C797 Notice of Action received for I-130, I-485 & I-765
    07/23/07 Received ASC letter for Biometrics Appt.
    08/16/07 Bio's - fingerprinting and photo
    08/17/07 Online Status now showing on website
    09/13/07 Notice of EAD card production ordered via email (Day 67)
    09/20/07 Received Letter for AOS appointment
    09/24/07 EAD card received in mail
    09/25/07 Applied for SSN
    10/05/07 Received SSN
    10/18/07 AOS Interview
    10/22/07 Email received Approved - welcome letter sent
    10/24/07 Email received card production ordered
    10/25/07 Received C797 NOA "Welcome to America"
    10/30/07 GREENCARD received in mail. (day 114)

Leave a comment:

• romania
    replied
    yes he still have his i94 card

Leave a comment:

• Jake01
    replied
    As an overstay he will be able to Adjust Status in the US, you will need forms I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, G325a (4 copies for you and Husband), I-693.

Does he still have his I-94 departure card if not you will have to get a copy form I-102 (I think)

do not go for the I-131 advance parole, as an overstay it is wise not to leave the country till you have the Greencard.

Good luck with the process, you should have plain sailing,

Also try looking at Visajourney.com, they have instructions what to send in your package, the more you send the better, i.e proof of bonafide marriage - joint bank account, utility bills in both names, leases, Insurances, car registration, all should be in both names

Leave a comment:

• romania
    replied
    HI,

I NEED HELP IN MY CASE PLEASE
    IN 1993 I MET MY HUSBAND HERE IN THE U.S HE WAS ON A TOURIST VISA
    AND I WAS LIVING HERE WITH EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION CARD
    WE GOT MARRIED IN AUG 1993
    WE HAVE 3 KIDS ALL U.S CITIZEN
    HE OVER STAYED HIS VISA
    FINALLY LAST MONTH I GOT MY U.S CITIZENSHIP
    PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROCESS AND THE EXACT FORM NUMBERS TO USE TO FILE FOR AOS FOR MY HUSBAND
    WHICH FORM I NEED I KNOW THAT I NEED I130 I864(WHICH ONE)I485 I765 I131 G325A AND MEDICAL EXAM
    PLEASE ADVISE IF HE CAN ADJUST HERE IN THE U.S OR HAVE TO GO BACK HOME
    MY HUSBAND ENTER THE COUNTRY LEGALY BUT OVER STAYED HIS VISA AND NEVER LEFT THE COUNTRY SINCE.
    THANK YOU KINDLY
    ROMANIA

Leave a comment:

• romania
    started a topic AOS FOR HUSBAND

AOS FOR HUSBAND

HI,

I NEED HELP IN MY CASE PLEASE
    IN 1993 I MET MY HUSBAND HERE IN THE U.S HE WAS ON A TOURIST VISA
    AND I WAS LIVING HERE WITH EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION CARD
    WE GOT MARRIED IN AUG 1993
    WE HAVE 3 KIDS ALL U.S CITIZEN
    HE OVER STAYED HIS VISA
    FINALLY LAST MONTH I GOT MY U.S CITIZENSHIP
    PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROCESS AND THE EXACT FORM NUMBERS TO USE TO FILE FOR AOS FOR MY HUSBAND
    WHICH FORM I NEED I KNOW THAT I NEED I130 I864(WHICH ONE)I485 I765 I131 G325A AND MEDICAL EXAM
    PLEASE ADVISE IF HE CAN ADJUST HERE IN THE U.S OR HAVE TO GO BACK HOME
    MY HUSBAND ENTER THE COUNTRY LEGALY BUT OVER STAYED HIS VISA AND NEVER LEFT THE COUNTRY SINCE.
    THANK YOU KINDLY
    ROMANIA
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed