X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To BronzeLady about 3/10 year bars.

Hello BronzeLady.

In your opinion with all this "work visa for illegals" talk going on is there any chance that 3/10 year bars of inadmissibility will be amended out of the INA? I mean if the illegals who're in the country for over 6 months CAN receive a visa what about people waiting abroad?! Shouldn't they be eligible too?

Thanks.

Hello BronzeLady.

In your opinion with all this "work visa for illegals" talk going on is there any chance that 3/10 year bars of inadmissibility will be amended out of the INA? I mean if the illegals who're in the country for over 6 months CAN receive a visa what about people waiting abroad?! Shouldn't they be eligible too?

Thanks.

Comment

That is one of the issues with the proposed work visa. The other is that the regulations clearly state that ANYONE who has ever been out of status since entry (except for technical reasons) needs 245(i) to get a green card. The guest worker program won't change that. Also, in order to change your status you have to have a status to change from. Meaning you have to be in status to get moved to a different visa category. So how do they get around that? This is not worth discussing though because the guest worker program is never going to happen.....certainly not in an election year.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation