Traveling abroad while processing citizenship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been in contact with USCIS for a fair number of times and never once I heard about obtaining AP/I-131 for LPR who's travelling overseas, not even for conditional LPR. A good friend of mine who is a LPR is planning to travel overseas in a couple of weeks time, so I'm really thankful if Hudson can provide additional info.

Comment

This may clear up the situation. When my wife and I traveled, we bought one way tickets to her home country and paid the premium price. The reason is that we got a very good deal from one of her friends in her home country on the return trip. Even though we were gone a short time, the customs official would not approve my wife until the travel permit was shown because of those travel documwents, not the I-551 itself. I believe it has to do with interpretation from customs officials, not so much as USCIS.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation