X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall I go home??

Hi, all!

I am from Eastern Europe and INS just approved my change of status from J1 to F1 (already got the 212E section waiver) and I wanted to go home at the end of May. Once I travel outside US, I need to get the F1 visa. Do you think it's safe for me to go? Have you heard of any lucky/unlucky cases? I am doing my Masters now in NYC, which I started in January 05 (2 more semesters to go).

All your inputs are really appreciated.

Hi, all!

I am from Eastern Europe and INS just approved my change of status from J1 to F1 (already got the 212E section waiver) and I wanted to go home at the end of May. Once I travel outside US, I need to get the F1 visa. Do you think it's safe for me to go? Have you heard of any lucky/unlucky cases? I am doing my Masters now in NYC, which I started in January 05 (2 more semesters to go).

All your inputs are really appreciated.

Comment

I would think twice before going back. There is a posibility that consular will denied your visa.

Comment

You arrived here as Exchange Visitor on J-1.
        What is your profession?
        How long you have been in the US?
        Doing Masters in ?

Comment

My case is the same as yours. I went back to Argentina two years ago and i didn't have any problem getting the F1 because i showed them a letter from my international advisor at school and the approval letter (for F1) from INS or whatever is called now. Once the guy saw that approval, he didn't ask me for anything else.
          Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed