X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a question on Advance parole.

Hi Friends,
    I recently received 2 original copies of my Advance Parole and my question is would it be okay if I take only one of the copy with me (Instead of both) to India and the other copy can be bought by my wife since we both travel a month apart? God forbid if something goes wrong like I loose my AP in India or it gets stolen or something happens to it we have other copy as a back up. I will be leaving from Newark to Mumbai (Bombay). When I leave from the US does the airline check if I have 2 copies or one? Do they stamp the AP's? Would I have problems boarding plane in Frankfurt with just one AP copy? While returning to the US I will have both the copies since me and my wife are travelling together. Thank you so much for your response friends. I really appreciate it.

Raju

Hi Friends,
    I recently received 2 original copies of my Advance Parole and my question is would it be okay if I take only one of the copy with me (Instead of both) to India and the other copy can be bought by my wife since we both travel a month apart? God forbid if something goes wrong like I loose my AP in India or it gets stolen or something happens to it we have other copy as a back up. I will be leaving from Newark to Mumbai (Bombay). When I leave from the US does the airline check if I have 2 copies or one? Do they stamp the AP's? Would I have problems boarding plane in Frankfurt with just one AP copy? While returning to the US I will have both the copies since me and my wife are travelling together. Thank you so much for your response friends. I really appreciate it.

Raju

Comment

Hi Raju...

Since I never travelled with advance parole, I dont know if they put a stamp while u go to India from here.... someone else will answer to this question... if those 2 copies are identical then its just USCIS usual mistake..take any of it ...good luck...Pasha

Comment

It is fine if you take one copy only, AP works only on your way back, you don't have to show it to the airline at Newark neither in Frankfurt. AP allow you to get on the plane and get in the states. The other copy you can use later before it is due. Bon voyage!!!

Comment

Hi Pasha Patel,
          First of all CONGRATES on your approval of your case and thank you for your response. On a another note Now I know you never used a Advance parole but have you heard any Indian facing problems using a AP in Bombay while coming to the US? Someone on this board told me that Indian immigration officers won't know what a AP is? Could this be true? After all so many Indians travel to the US from Bombay I am sure they know what it is right? Your comments will be really appreciated. Thank you so much.
          Raju

Hi Bill,
          Thank you so much for your response.
          Raju

Comment

Hi Raju...

u wont have any problem boarding from mumbai with advance parole...dont worry abt it...though it is true that sometimes if its bad luck and u get some airport officer who wants to get some money they might trouble you without any cause...but stay firm and dont pay a penny...its very rare but sometimes u know ...things happen everywhere be it USA or India....if this happens to u..tell them to contact airport authority and it will scare s h i t out of the officer at check-in...it works all the time....contact the authority and report the person if someone tries to harras you... u will be fine...dont worry abt it...have a safe and fun journey..Pasha

Comment

Hi Pasha,
              Thank you so much for your comforting words. I really appreciate it. This is my first international trip after 9/11 and I will be using my AP for the first time to so a little nervous that is all as in all my earlier visits to India I had a US visa and this time just to rely on AP just does not seem enough for some reason you know what I mean? Anyway once again thank you so much.
              Raju

Comment

can you get a visa for germany before you leave that way you don't have to show them the AP and say you are travelling to germany instead. I had this problem when i went to pakistan in 95 and then the next time i went on ap i got the visa for uk but by then everyone knew what ap is in pakistan so i had no issues gettingon plane to come back. Just a suggestion to be on the safe side.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation