Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration for a baby

My pregnant permanent resident sister just when back home for a visit and got stuck there for a combination of family and medical reasons and expected to deliver there next month.
    How can she bring the new baby with here to US

...isn't her home supposed to be America?

Comment

your sister can bring the child on the first visit to US within two years of departure. CBP has the duty to record the child's admission as permanent resident. If you have the Immigration regulations look for section 211.1(b)(1) and see if the requirements are met.

Comment

I agree with you there SunDevilUSA.... I am going through the process here right now ( not got my LPR yet ) but I refer to here as HOME not the UK where I came from. But as far as I am concerned, HOME is where the heart is and I LOVE America and I LOVE my USC wife

Comment

So you are saying that if you are a LPR u cant go and visit family at your home country or get sick?

bah.

Comment

Not saying that at all JF2007.... what I was saying is that here in the USA is now my HOME.
            It was my descission to immigrate here and make this my home. The country I was born in is my old home.... kinda like moving house in a way, would you still refer to a house you once lived in as your home ???

Comment

I am USC, born in Russia. I go HOME every time I have a chance. It takes me very little time to feel HOME again. Had a good life there and like it here. I just enjoy life and tell people like Eeyore or SunDevilUSA to mind their business ( to put it nice way )
              And now I can hear them saying: "Go back to your country. We do not want you here." Just make my day, them pathetic loosers. Like I need their advice!

Comment

JF2007
                Thanks JF2007 for the very valuable information. I checked it out and you are right. Indeed you made my day.
                Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Vovan:
                  I am USC, born in Russia. I go HOME every time I have a chance. It takes me very little time to feel HOME again. Had a good life there and like it here. I just enjoy life and tell people like Eeyore or SunDevilUSA to mind their business ( to put it nice way )
                  And now I can hear them saying: "Go back to your country. We do not want you here." Just make my day, them pathetic loosers. Like I need their advice!
                  Are we to assume you don't feel at home in the USA ??

Comment

A person can feel at "home" in more then just one place. Geesh.

Comment

Feeling AT home and GOING home are two entirely different things

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore:
                        Feeling AT home and GOING home are two entirely different things
                        Just because you now see it as you only have 1 home, doesn't mean everyone else in the world is the exact same. My husband is from Scotland and he feels both Scotland AND here with his "new" family is home.

Comment

So if you are out and you husband says.... I'm going " home " ... is he going to the place you live together... or is he leaving you and going back to Scotland ?
                          There is only ONE "Home" for me

Comment

GET OUT OF MY HOME - THE USA - !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                              GET OUT OF MY HOME - THE USA - !!!!
                              Give me your tired, your poor,
                              Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
                              The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
                              Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
                              I lift my lamp beside the golden door.
                              EMMA LAZARUS (1849-1887). Inscription on the Statue of Liberty, "The New Colossus," 1883.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation