I desperately need you help Guyss!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I desperately need you help Guyss!!!!!

Hi I am a 22 yr old Single Female and my mother went for her interview today and Got her passport stamped...and the INS officer said that she will be receving her Greencard in the mail within 6 months...MY QUESTION IS CAN SHE FILE FOR ME WITH THE STAMP IN HER PASSPORT OR DOES SHE HAVE TO WAIT TILL SHE GETS THE ACTUAL GREENCARD IN THE MAIL....ALSO CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT FORM SHE NEEDS TO FILL OUT TO FILE FOR ME ...THNAK YOU I I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY RESPONSE

Hi I am a 22 yr old Single Female and my mother went for her interview today and Got her passport stamped...and the INS officer said that she will be receving her Greencard in the mail within 6 months...MY QUESTION IS CAN SHE FILE FOR ME WITH THE STAMP IN HER PASSPORT OR DOES SHE HAVE TO WAIT TILL SHE GETS THE ACTUAL GREENCARD IN THE MAIL....ALSO CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT FORM SHE NEEDS TO FILL OUT TO FILE FOR ME ...THNAK YOU I I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY RESPONSE

Comment

Didn't you just ask this a few minutes ago?
      Have a nice day

Comment

you're 22. She can't file for you at all.

-= nav =-

Comment

Age has nothing to do with eligibility for a GC when LPR is a petitioner. This is from the CIS web site.

" Second Preference Category:
          Spouses of lawful permanent residents *she's a daughter*, their unmarried children (under twenty-one) *unmarried kids of a spouse*, and the unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents. " Bingo! she's only eligible if she's not married regardless of age.

If she is not married then her mother should file an I-130 for her to start a priority date. If she is married then she has to wait until her mother becomes a USC and file for her under Third Preference category.

In case her mother is married to a USC she can apply for citizenship after 3 years if she stays married to that USC or after 5 years (divorced) from the date she received GC. Of course assuming that if it's a marriage based GC conditional residence will be removed. Add to this about a year from applying for USC to receiving a Naturalization Certificate. So, here's an estimate:

She's married
          4-6 years before her mother becomes a USC to put her in Third category. State Department's priority date for that category is Oct 15 1997 (6.5 year wait). 4-6 year (mother's USC) + 6.5 years = 12.5 year wait!

She's not married
          Her mother files a petition to start a priority date now. State Department's priority date for Second category is May 15 1995(!) which makes it a 9 year wait and she has to remain un-married. I'm not sure what happens if an I-130 is filed and daughter gets married. Will the priority date be preserved or a new I-130 will have to be filed once mother becomes a USC?

Ooops, Didn't pay attention that daughter's un-married. So, here's what to do:
          Find some USC dufus, marry him and bingo! A green card in less then 3 years!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation