No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hudson, you may quote all the books you like, it is not going to change the reality. You think when someone writes a book, it is a solid truth.
    Think again.
    Well, Alliance Capital is the foremost expert in the world when it comes to evaluating manufacturing employment. Their analysis is not controversial unlike some writers with solid results, conclusions, and data gathering. And most business groups, including European groups, have pretty much dismissed the idea that outsourcing is a bad idea. Volkswagon "outsources" over 50% of its workforce in Latin America, US, and Canada. Deutche Bank, Mercedes Motors Europe, LTD, Dailmer-Chrystler, and others.

EU is blooming and the economies are rising. Actually the growth is much larger and faster than the one of the US.
    I advise you to reach for that issue of Newsweek and read about whats ahead for the US.
    I have. The US has faced similar circumstances with the latest coming when the Japanese economy was booming. The nay-sayers, doomsdayists, etc all predicted the fall of the US. The US economy was resilient at that time as well as the past. Today, I believe the leaders are a lttle hesitant. There are some business leaders who want immigration reform and some that don't. However, the US will pass this test as it has in the past. The author did pose some good questions, but even he was positive on the US

History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. US is experiencing this with the nativists and immigration restrictionists. Europe with the French/German Eurocentric viewpoint. Yet Yugoslavia, a bastion of EU Centric mythology, fell into a ethnic cleasing with Russia backing Milosovich and the Serbians, Greece backing the Croatians, and the Turks backing the Bosnians. All were guilty in some part of the genocide. If the fighting came to Greek shores throught Macedonia of Yugoslavia, then Europe would have been at war with itself and would have brought everybody else with it.

The primary reason for the growth in Europe has actually been government expenditures to purchase capital equipment for private businesses. The economy is not rising given that the EU has a lower per capita GDP than most US states. Numbers can be deceiving sometimes. And the other problem is that Europe has some of the highest income taxes in the world, especially Germany, France, and the UK. This is to pay for those services and government welfare that the EU employs. This is also misleading since Europe is needing immigrants to not only sustain their economy, but also make the gains. But wtth the Mosques being full and the churches empty, I suspect another 30 years war is on the horizon.
    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

The end of the Empire is near... It is already happening. Europeans are better educated in all disciplines. When the US immigration cuts the number of student visas, there won't be scientists and IT people to make the US competitive.
    I always welcome competition. Sometimes the US will win the competition, sometimes not. But more importantly, everyone must have a equal playing field. This means both Europe and the US eliminating the farm subsidies. India needs to eliminate the extensive barriers it places on foreign corporations, and it means that developing nations develop quickly or the model will not work. But the main problem is that the EU almost never plays by the same rulebook in global competition. I have seen what some European companies have tried to do to stamp out Japanese, Korran, and US businesses.

BTW: I am hoping for the SKIL amendment to pass as well as increases in permanent visa holders. I do not believe the immigration restrictions will get everything, only modest enforcement provisions.

]Unrealistic? Every empire has its end. Read the history. Rome? Yep
    The US has never been a traditional empire not has it wanted too except for a brief period in the Late 19th and early 20th centuries. But then again, the French Empire has fallen several times, so has the Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, Russians, Prussians, Spanish, Portuguese, and even the lowly Dutch.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation