Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130

Hello everybody actually I'm new in this forum and I really have a question maybe some one could help me.
    My wife filed an I-130 on march 2006 for me but my case doesn't even show any update on the online case status since the case was filed,all it shows is that this case was sent to our los angeles office to conduct the standard interview.
    My question is does any one know how much more wait will it take for a case like mine.
    My wife is a USC and I'm a Mexican citezen

Hello everybody actually I'm new in this forum and I really have a question maybe some one could help me.
    My wife filed an I-130 on march 2006 for me but my case doesn't even show any update on the online case status since the case was filed,all it shows is that this case was sent to our los angeles office to conduct the standard interview.
    My question is does any one know how much more wait will it take for a case like mine.
    My wife is a USC and I'm a Mexican citezen

Comment

Answers will be greatly appreciated

Comment

Thank you so much for your answer Davdah

Comment

hi bart and welcome ,,,ok let me ask u few questions plz,,bcoz i went through this and there is a member in here is going through this also(carribeanman) i mean through the standard interview at the local office..first .the online updates are worthless,,dont even check the status online and dont even call the 800# bcoz it's worthless also...sometimes the dont update it for months and months ..dont bther with the online thing,,doesn't mean anything..and 2- where ru now?r u in the u.s or mexico? usually the case get sent to the local office for 2 reasons,,1- if the beneficiary have ever been in removal proceeding ...2- if the'r not satisfy with the evidence ....but that doesn't mean it's over ..it's just a normal procedure...can u give more details plz..thnx

Comment

Yes I live in mexico, my wife is in U.S.,I used to live in U.S.with visa and over stayed, work, I'm manufacturing engineer, lived in U.S. for long time.I live in Mexico now.
            I been married for 5 years and have a kid

Comment

how long did u overstayed exactly? were u placed in removal proceeding or u just left country on ur ur own?

Comment

overstayed for 15 years

Comment

so ur wife filed it at the service center and they transfer the case to the local office? these cases actually takes longer than 6 months davdah,,once the case is at the local office for standard interview..then it has nothing to do with the processing times,,,

Comment

oh wow ,,15 years...but u didnt answer me my friend,,,did the INS CAUGHT U and deport u or u just left the country on ur own?

Comment

yes my wife mailed the file to the uscis main center and from there she has an interview in los angeles but Icould not go to the interview because ovbious reasons and after that my case seems to be like has been frozen.
                      I really don't know what do you mean with once the case goes to the local office don't have nothing to dfo with the processing times????????????

Comment

well,,first u dont have to go to this interview,,this inerview is for ur wife only,,,questions about the marriage and the relation and all that,,u dont have to be there,,and yes,,have nothing to do with the processing times..listen ,,if u logg on the uscis website and look at the processing times,,u will c that the i-130 is taking 6 months to be processed...but this is only if ur case is at the service center ,,,but once they transfer the file to the local office for standard interview,,thats it,,those type of cases are different,,local offices have ther own processing times,,bcoz ur case is no longer i-130 ..it's ,,but it was sent there for standard interview,,another word,,the processing times on the uscis web doesn't apply to ur case anymore,,,sometimes these cases takes 1 month ,,sometimes it takes 1 year,,u never know,,L.A office is busy,,my case was sent there also ..and it took them 4 months to give me an answer (4 months after the original 6 months waiting time),,,just answer that question plz,,were u deported or u left the country on ur own?

Comment

yes they did cought me

Comment

I left the country on my own on voluntarely departure

Comment

I have no police record or anything like that

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs