Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing reality

We have now realized and are facing the reality of how the process works and like it or not we know that we have to deal with it the best that we can.

Quick breakdown :

Husband here illegally ( never inspected )
    I'am a born and raised U.S. citizen.
    We have 2 U.S. citizen childeren together.
    He has been here 4 years.
    We have been married 2 years.
    He has all other requirements ( e.g . good moral character, no criminal past )

Now correct me if I'm wrong,
    We FULLY understand that because he came here illegally that in order to " fix" our situation, we will have to file HERE and then he will have a visa hearing in his home country and that will determine of he can come back here, home to his family.

Now here is the question:
    From the time that he goes back to his country till the time that he can come home HERE,
    How long should we anticipate him being gone?
    Home country is Guatemala.
    Thank you for any and all input!
    StephQ

We have now realized and are facing the reality of how the process works and like it or not we know that we have to deal with it the best that we can.

Quick breakdown :

Husband here illegally ( never inspected )
    I'am a born and raised U.S. citizen.
    We have 2 U.S. citizen childeren together.
    He has been here 4 years.
    We have been married 2 years.
    He has all other requirements ( e.g . good moral character, no criminal past )

Now correct me if I'm wrong,
    We FULLY understand that because he came here illegally that in order to " fix" our situation, we will have to file HERE and then he will have a visa hearing in his home country and that will determine of he can come back here, home to his family.

Now here is the question:
    From the time that he goes back to his country till the time that he can come home HERE,
    How long should we anticipate him being gone?
    Home country is Guatemala.
    Thank you for any and all input!
    StephQ

Comment

The processing times are better now than years before, but you should think in terms of more than 1 yr.

Comment

Since your husband is here is should say here and get adjusted, once back in his home country he'll be facing a ten year ban, which will require an waiver for him to be let back in the country.

Comment

WHO CARES ABOUT SOME DIRTBAG ILLEGAL?? This irresponsible j e r k ignored and violated the sanctity of our nation and its laws, married the dumbest person in the US and now is whining through the village i d i o t for a green card!!! We, the American people, are supposed to reward this clown? BS....send him back to his own country tomorrow.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He has all other requirements ( e.g . good moral character, no criminal past ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- He entered the country illegaly and had children outside of marriage. Could you explain your standard of "moral character"???

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Since your husband is here, she should syay here and adjust. Once he's back in his home country, he'll be facing a ten year ban, which will require an waiver for him to be let back in the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by malakai:
                Since your husband is here is should say here and get adjusted, once back in his home country he'll be facing a ten year ban, which will require an waiver for him to be let back in the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regardless of where you file, if your husband entered without inspection, you will have to file an I-601 waiver which requires showing that you and your children will suffer extreme hardship if he goes back to Guatemala. This is not easy to prove, and you should have an attorney.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by malakai:
                  Since your husband is here is should say here and get adjusted, once back in his home country he'll be facing a ten year ban, which will require an waiver for him to be let back in the country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to the law, a person who entered the US without inspection can NOT adjust status in the US (unless covered by 245i - which I don't see here). The only option is going through consular processing (and ban, and waiver...).

A waiver -an extreme hardship to USC - will determine if he can come back to his family.

Have you filed anything? It will take a while before your husband receives an appointment for interview in Guatemala (and has to leave the US)...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SONOFSAMMY:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">He has all other requirements ( e.g . good moral character, no criminal past ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- He entered the country illegaly and had children outside of marriage. Could you explain your standard of "moral character"??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SON OF SAMMY

Sure I can, where in my post did u see that we had our childeren OUTSIDE of marriage? Oh, snap! thats why you didnt see that, because we had them while married!
                    Good moral character: UM, ok I dont think that I need to explain that one but I'll try if you promise me that you will follow along very, very carefully ok allright, are you following so far? great ok, now good moral character, works, supports his family, is not on welfare. Supports his wife and 2 kids. Is not just sending money back home. has not ever been arrested, not even a traffic ticket. Um what else sonofsammy?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:

According to the law, a person who entered the US without inspection can NOT adjust status in the US (unless covered by 245i - which I don't see here). The only option is going through consular processing (and ban, and waiver...).

A waiver -an extreme hardship to USC - will determine if he can come back to his family.

Have you filed anything? It will take a while before your husband receives an appointment for interview in Guatemala (and has to leave the US)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your sincere response

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stephQ:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SONOFSAMMY:

- He entered the country illegaly and had children outside of marriage. Could you explain your standard of "moral character"??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SON OF SAMMY

Sure I can, where in my post did u see that we had our childeren OUTSIDE of marriage? Oh, snap! thats why you didnt see that, because we had them while married!
                        Good moral character: UM, ok I dont think that I need to explain that one but I'll try if you promise me that you will follow along very, very carefully ok allright, are you following so far? great ok, now good moral character, works, supports his family, is not on welfare. Supports his wife and 2 kids. Is not just sending money back home. has not ever been arrested, not even a traffic ticket. Um what else sonofsammy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, I don't think that it will help that he has good moral character. He entered illegaly, is still here illegaly, and there is a price to pay for that. Otherwise, most of you illegals would be getting away with this. Do you think they are going to make it easy for you? H*ell no! and they shouldn't !!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                          WHO CARES ABOUT SOME DIRTBAG ILLEGAL?? This irresponsible j e r k ignored and violated the sanctity of our nation and its laws, married the dumbest person in the US and now is whining through the village i d i o t for a green card!!! We, the American people, are supposed to reward this clown? BS....send him back to his own country tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone12
                          Thanks for your response since I asked for any and all input.
                          It just goes to show how sad it is that you have so much time to be unproductive.
                          Someone12, I encourage you to get a education and make something of yourself. I would hate to be in your position, very sad I'm sorry that you have so much hate in your life.. me on the other hand, chose the life that I want to live as did you, I just made a more challenging decision when I married my husband. I wish you well, please get help ok.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by user99:
                            <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stephQ:

- He entered the country illegaly and had children outside of marriage. Could you explain your standard of "moral character"???
                            </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok sonofsammy sincere apology, this is meant for user99
                            Lets calmy go over this, again where did you read that I myself am illegal? I beleive that I clearly stated and I qoute " I'am a born and raised U.S. citizen " so now we have that out of the way.
                            Next, I'm going to agree with you, wow what a concept.. me, agreeing with you.
                            NO they should not make it easy and they shouldnt. Yes there is a price to pay. I FULLY comprehend that.
                            That is why, if you go back to my original post, you will see the heading " facing reality "
                            I'm happy to know that your reality is much more simpler for you.
                            BTW, and yes being of good moral character has a HUGE impact on being able to adjust status.
                            Lets think real hard about it ok,
                            If someone comes here illegally, commits crimes, lets just say robs a bank or kills a person, do you think that if they tried to adjust status that we would allow them back easier than lets say a person that has never done anything like that? thats what being of good moral character means.
                            I hope this example helps you understand a little better

SON OF SAMMY

Good moral character: UM, ok I dont think that I need to explain that one but I'll try if you promise me that you will follow along very, very carefully ok allright, are you following so far? great ok, now good moral character, works, supports his family, is not on welfare. Supports his wife and 2 kids. Is not just sending money back home. has not ever been arrested, not even a traffic ticket. Um what else sonofsammy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, I don't think that it will help that he has good moral character. He entered illegaly, is still here illegaly, and there is a price to pay for that. Otherwise, most of you illegals would be getting away with this. Do you think they are going to make it easy for you? H*ell no! and they shouldn't !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...good moral character, works, supports his family, is not on welfare. Supports his wife and 2 kids. Is not just sending money back home. has not ever been arrested, not even a traffic ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, as it relates to immigration law, an illegal entry is NOT considered a good moral character act. Now you know why your husband has been so "perfect" all this time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Me on the other hand, chose the life I wanted to live just as you, but I made a more challenging decision when I married my husband. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see you here again in the next couple of weeks asking us if you're better off spending money on your husband's case or let him get deported, crying and whining about your children and facing the decision to move back with him or not.

Your challenge is only beginning lady.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed