Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin issues for Immigration visa

I am from Pakistan. My case is still under admin processing, it is more than 17 months now.
    Any body can tell me how this one can be solved. When ever I contacted Visa Officer here the standard response is that the case is under admin processing and cannot give any tentative time.

Need advise in his regards.

I am from Pakistan. My case is still under admin processing, it is more than 17 months now.
    Any body can tell me how this one can be solved. When ever I contacted Visa Officer here the standard response is that the case is under admin processing and cannot give any tentative time.

Need advise in his regards.

Comment

A little more info can go a long way to getting more accurate and helpful answers

Comment

Still my documents are with embassy inclduing my passport. At the time of interview they told me to contact them after 45 days and the latest answer is that still it is under admin processing. I was called for visa interview during January 2007. Provided all the required documents. Now my two children crossed the age limi of 21 years.

Comment

Administrative review can take a long time. Anywhere from a few months to 10 years. So no one can really give you a definitive answer there, I fear.

Can you tell us more on your story? WWhat kind of visa are you going for? More about your children?

And welcome to ILW.
          --------------------
          "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks jerm Cool,

My visa is an immigration visa. My visa interview was taken along with my wife & Childrenn some time in January, 2007. At that time my children where under 21. Visa officer asked several questions with my family that went well. Ask for passports that we gave and still all passports are with embassy.Interview went pretty well. He said to contact after 45-60 days if I donot receive any response. Now my case is more than 17 months old. Still it is under admin processing . Just received this message yesterday from Visa officer.

Long dealy and waiting time must have a justification if it is an admin fault better rectify it instead of making it further long.

Comment

It sounds like you've probably gotten stuck in name check, and there's a number of reasons, as documented here

The fact that your children have now turned 21 could be an issue, though that depends on exactly what immigrant visa you're applying for.
              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Still more info needed

1. what kind (class) of immigrant visa are we talking about [DV, ...]. WHo is the primary applicant??

2. Are you outside the US?

2. US embassy?? in which country???

Comment

oytte:

Are you being sponsored by a US Citizen for your immigration?

If so, I would recommend he write to their local congresspeople and have them do an inquiry.

They will probably reply with "There's nothing we can do", but I found that things actually started moving again despite that line.
                  --------------------
                  "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by THoughful:
                    Still more info needed

1. what kind (class) of immigrant visa are we talking about [DV, ...]. WHo is the primary applicant??

2. Are you outside the US?

2. US embassy?? in which country??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Thoughful,

My Visa is F-4 Class sponsor by my brother. I amoutside usa but had visited usa sev eral times for a few weeks.
                    I am from Pakistan.

Actually this admin processing is really taking a long time so lon that a man must get frustration for unknown reason. I agree that diferent level of secuirty checkes must be involved but not so long

Comment

Yes, it is insane that the checks can take so long, and there really isn't much that can be done about them. To be honest, as sad as it is, you're actually at the low end of the scale as far as time taken goes.

Perhaps your brother could try contacting his local senator/congressperson. There's no guarantee that they'll be able to help, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck!
                      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Just to update that my admin processing long waited days are over now. Received a call from embassy that visa is ready . Now they need fresh police report, Medical & Ds-230.

Do I need to pay fresh Visa Fee.

Comment

Another jihadi slips in.

Comment

How u can say Jihadi Slips in?
                            A man is landing in a legal way canot be a jihadi. Your thinking must be very funny.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oytte:

Have you gotton your visa yet?

Need advise in his regards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs