Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name check

I'm sure people ask this all the time, but I been in a name check for 18 months now and still nothing, just curious should I do something or is there something I can do.

Thanks

I'm sure people ask this all the time, but I been in a name check for 18 months now and still nothing, just curious should I do something or is there something I can do.

Thanks

Comment

Really not much you can do except:

1) Regularly visit your local USCIS office or check the website online for updates

2) Get either USCIS to instigate a case status inquiry, or better still, go through the USCIS Ombudsman.

3) Most likely, you will get a "sit and wait, we'll give you an interview when the name-check clears" answer.

4) If all else fails (very likely!), you can file a Writ of Mandamus on US Government.

Good luck. Sounds like you and I filed about the same time. Mine was for N-400 in June 2006.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

I made an appointment with USCIS local office today for Monday 7th.
        I went to the interview with my wife and the officer said all we have to do now is a name check and that was 18 months ago.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation