X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card revoked?

Hi all,
    i am new here, i read some of the posting and thought i can find the answer to my question, so that i can sleep at night.

I was married a USC for 4 and half years and we recently broke up and now it seems, after much trying, we are headed to our own direction. During this time we adjusted my status and last november my UNCONDITIONAL card was approved. Now I carry the same with me.

since our break up and the trouble, her family and friends think i was after the green card, and now, after completing the process, i am getting out of the bond of marriage. I have not heard them saying they are going to file a complain but i am worried.

I know i did not marry her for solely immigration benefits. I was with her and liver with her for two years together, before getting married, and like i said, our marriage lasted close to five years. during this time she was pregnannt several times and had miscarriages. thus we have no kids.

Now if they complain, will my GC be revoked and i get deported. The onlything that worries me is this was my second marraige to a USC, the first one fell apart in one year, we never filed for immigration benefits.

I appreciate what ever you will write as an answer.

THnaks to all

Hi all,
    i am new here, i read some of the posting and thought i can find the answer to my question, so that i can sleep at night.

I was married a USC for 4 and half years and we recently broke up and now it seems, after much trying, we are headed to our own direction. During this time we adjusted my status and last november my UNCONDITIONAL card was approved. Now I carry the same with me.

since our break up and the trouble, her family and friends think i was after the green card, and now, after completing the process, i am getting out of the bond of marriage. I have not heard them saying they are going to file a complain but i am worried.

I know i did not marry her for solely immigration benefits. I was with her and liver with her for two years together, before getting married, and like i said, our marriage lasted close to five years. during this time she was pregnannt several times and had miscarriages. thus we have no kids.

Now if they complain, will my GC be revoked and i get deported. The onlything that worries me is this was my second marraige to a USC, the first one fell apart in one year, we never filed for immigration benefits.

I appreciate what ever you will write as an answer.

THnaks to all

Comment

Any green card can be revoked, if the Immigration service has reason to believe that it was secured inappropriately. If your spouse now believes that the marriage was not genuine, she could make her concerns known to USCIS, but since you got over the hurdle of AOS and removal of conditions with documentation of a legitimate relationship, why would you now be worried?
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

thankyou both of you,

Sammy, thanks for a such a long post, and to sum it up, " any greecard/naturalization certificate can be revoked", ANd i agree with you, and did I know that fact, certainly i did when i posted my question.

But I think you missed the inherent message i was trying to convey, I beleive,

when you read my posting what do you think, do you think, after you went over my post" this guy is a fraud" or did u think" this guy is not a fradster"

that is waht i guess i was trying to get.

Now, to be honest with you, Any alien once starts the process or becomes consious of the need to legalize himself in this country, slowly and gradually understands alot of things about immigration, that he never understood. As a a matter of fact such an alien, would be able to answer many immigration realted questions, after getting done with the process, for he/she would be so alert of any or about every possible reason that can logically/illogically, hoenstly/ fraudulently or what ever 'LLy" he can think of, will deny his petition, or down the road strip off of his legal presence here.

But the difference is some extend their knowledge and practice it, too, to make it perfect, and thus are able to guide others when needed, positively. and there are others who once their stuff is taken care of, sigh a huge releif and get on with their lives and dont want to think about anything again, they might have gone thorugh, neither do they want to help others.

Sleeping issue, LOL.

now the question becomes what is fraud then, is it not spending a single day with you so call USC wife, or is it living with ones wife with everything in both names for 10 years, and one day wake up, and heading out the door. which does the INS look as a fraud. that is all.

Thanks again

Comment

I believe for revocation of LPR and deportation to be the outcome, the lie would have to be "material". A lie or misrepresentation that would not have altered a decision on immigration benefit or would not have led to questioning which could have had a negative effect, would not render such an outcome. Not saying it would be a walk in the park, but I don't believe it would turn out as claimed above.
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Fraud is fraud. By definition, "A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain". In terms of marriage-based immigration benefit it would mean that the intent was not to share a life, but to enter a marriage with an ulterior motive of gaining immigration status alone.

Comment

Sappy, Hi

Good reply and good explaination of Fraud, but then how does one go about proving it, In the case of Immigration benefit.

The definition matches the word, fraud, but how do one goes about complaining that i have be decieved in my life, that someone said he will spend his life with me,that now we cannot live together, is that a fraud.

a couple do love each other to death, but cannot live together because of the issues that arose duing the time they were together. Is it a crime that can be categorized as fraud. How does one go about specifying a divorce as a crime involving fraud and deceptions?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed