Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting 3 years for reponse on I-130 petition

So my sister's apllied for her 2 kids (ages 3 and 8) back in 2005 in order to adjust their status as permanent residents. She is currently a resident herself and has been for the past 20+ years.

I wonder if anyone else has waited this long for the <span class="ev_code_RED">I-130</span> petition to be approved.

Thanks.

So my sister's apllied for her 2 kids (ages 3 and 8) back in 2005 in order to adjust their status as permanent residents. She is currently a resident herself and has been for the past 20+ years.

I wonder if anyone else has waited this long for the <span class="ev_code_RED">I-130</span> petition to be approved.

Thanks.

Comment

Did uscis ever send your sister a notice reciepts?

If they do she can check on line what happened
      using the receipts number

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Comment

they sent it to her and online it says they're still processing it...and it wasn't 2005...she filed in Nov. 2004...that's along wait huh...

Comment

is that what it says recently...

yeah thats really an odd case long wait
          when I was petition by my Mom long time ago
          took only a year before she got the approval.
          that was under First Pref. category.

Your sister kids are under second Pref.
          Did she ever tried calling them and inform them
          that she applied 4 years ago?

Comment

sorry I wanna make sure I didn't get confuse on
            your questions?

Are you waiting for the approval of 1-130?

or the processing time after the approval?

Under Second Pref the waiting time is 5 to six years and right now the processing time is slow.

and if your sister was given a priority date
            that means I-130 is approved.

then she can check on the visa bulletin on uscis
            website.

Comment

Your sister has been a resident for past 20+ years?
              Is she a Citizen, LPR or Illegal what is her current status. ( We all are resident in U.S.).
              What is her Country of Origin?
              Where the Children were born?
              Why she had to file I-130?

Comment

You need to be clearer when your posting on the forum. Like Adam said:is she a LPR, what is her current status and she has been her 20 years? Were the kids born here?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antgaudi:

I wonder if anyone else has waited this long for the <span class="ev_code_RED">I-130</span> petition to be approved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  It is kind of confusing story...
                  However, if your sister is a green card holder in the USA and her children are not USC, filing I-130 is the right first step.
                  USCIS used to approve I-130 in matter of months, but has lately (last few years) started to do that when a priority date is close to be curent. So, I don't find it odd at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by speed_025:
                  and if your sister was given a priority date that means I-130 is approved.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No, priority date is just a date when a petition was received.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by speed_025:
                    sorry I wanna make sure I didn't get confuse on
                    your questions?

Are you waiting for the approval of 1-130?

or the processing time after the approval?

Under Second Pref the waiting time is 5 to six years and right now the processing time is slow.

and if your sister was given a priority date
                    that means I-130 is approved.

then she can check on the visa bulletin on uscis
                    website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's waiting for an approval of the I-130. The didn't give a priority date of when it would be ready...they just sent her a letter saying that they had received the forms..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam:
                      Is she a Citizen, LPR or Illegal what is her current status. ( We all are resident in U.S.).
                      Why she had to file I-130? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, she has been a greencard holder since she was 8 years old. She's now 34.
                      We're originally from Brasil.
                      Her kids were both born in Brasil, that's why she's filing for the I-130.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antgaudi:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam:
                        Why she had to file I-130? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, she has been a greencard holder since she was 8 years old. She's now 34.
                        We're originally from Brasil.
                        Her kids were both born in Brasil, that's why she's filing for the I-130. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find it very odd.. and Yeah it's a long wait.
                        Did USCIS ever asked your sister for any additional documents like affidavit of support
                        etc. ?

your sister might wanna call the USCIS if the petition is denied or still on process.

Comment

She sent the affidavit along with the documents back in Nov. 2004.

Comment

CSC is now processing I-130s filled by PRs for their spouses and children that were received before January 1 2005. So, your sister may hear something soon..
                            After that, there is another wait of 2+ years before children can be issued immigrant visas or do AOS.
                            Any reason why your sister hasn't become USC?

Comment

antgaudi: looking at your post, I am sorry for your sister that she was unable to get her Citizenship during this 20+ years.
                              She got her I-551(Green Card) at the age of three years. she went to school and College.
                              When did she got married, you never said any thing?
                              What is the place of birth of these children?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation