X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to go home with I-485 pending

Hi everybody,

well I have a I-485 pending but already an interview date for October this year but I would like to go home in January next year which means I have to leave the US and I was wondering if I have to apply for a I-131 and if so which kind of I-131 the parole or one of the other options of the form. Is the I-131 necessary after the interview or what is going to happen??

Thanks and I appreciate every piece of advice.

KM

Hi everybody,

well I have a I-485 pending but already an interview date for October this year but I would like to go home in January next year which means I have to leave the US and I was wondering if I have to apply for a I-131 and if so which kind of I-131 the parole or one of the other options of the form. Is the I-131 necessary after the interview or what is going to happen??

Thanks and I appreciate every piece of advice.

KM

Comment

did you overstay your visa?

Comment

If you pass the interview and become permanent resident, you can travel with either I-551 stamp in the passport or plastic card (if received by travel date). No need for other documents provided your trip would not exceed one year.

If for any reason you don't become permanent resident with still pending I-485, you can travel having approved advance parole (I-131).

Comment

if you filed before overstaying your visa you can travell on advance parole.. you can apply for AP and when it got approved you can travel... make sure you have your AOS filed before you overstay..
          sometime AP can be approved without checking the eligiblity to return back.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

I didn't overstay any visa, came as a student and then filed AOS but we haven't been married for not even a year when the interview is going to be done so I doubt I will get the permanent residency right?? Should I just go ahead and file I-131 since the processing times are quite long??

Comment

As long as your marriage is legitimate, then you will most likely get your residency. It will be conditional permanent residency, but it is basically the same as regular permanent residency in most ways, meaning it will allow you to travel outside of the country.
              Have a nice day

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed