Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mistake made by USCIS was corrected at the POE...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake made by USCIS was corrected at the POE...

Guys,

I landed at Los Angeles POE with my immigrant visa. Everything was fine except that the USCIS officer mistakenly wrote the wrong expiration date of my temporary I-551 stamp. I came in on Feb 11, 2005 but he wrote the expiration date as " Feb 10, 2005". I saw the mistake and consulted with another officer at the custom counter and he advised me to get back to the guy and have him corrected it. He did corrected it to be "Feb 10, 2006".

So this is a lesson to be learnt by everyone entering USA. Correct any mistakes at the spot. Don't hestitate. It's your rights and only you can protect your rights. It's gonna be a HUGE trouble if you think you can let it go and come back later. Trust me.

Also I went to apply for an SSN today. Have to wait for 2 weeks coz they ain't no long have the 1-800 to call for.

Best of luck to y'al
    James

Guys,

I landed at Los Angeles POE with my immigrant visa. Everything was fine except that the USCIS officer mistakenly wrote the wrong expiration date of my temporary I-551 stamp. I came in on Feb 11, 2005 but he wrote the expiration date as " Feb 10, 2005". I saw the mistake and consulted with another officer at the custom counter and he advised me to get back to the guy and have him corrected it. He did corrected it to be "Feb 10, 2006".

So this is a lesson to be learnt by everyone entering USA. Correct any mistakes at the spot. Don't hestitate. It's your rights and only you can protect your rights. It's gonna be a HUGE trouble if you think you can let it go and come back later. Trust me.

Also I went to apply for an SSN today. Have to wait for 2 weeks coz they ain't no long have the 1-800 to call for.

Best of luck to y'al
    James

Comment

Kind of you to write that, james.

That wasn't only informative, it was a little funny, too. How can that guy make such a mistake? Maybe he was too busy thinking of what he ate the night before.

Great advice: ALWAYS keeep your eyes open. And this applies in every field, including sign AFTER you read. Never sign a paper without looking what you are signing for. It's funny how they make you do that in so many places: "Sign here" . "May I read first, please?" should kind of be our answer....
      Lot's of luck with your "happenings" I will love to hear more strange situations. That doesn't mean that i hope they will happen to you.

By the way, James, Something "similar" happened to me, too. I went to get the INS office to get an extension for my temp. greencard because the only papers that i had showing that it was not expired, were letters from INS. So because i didn't have the passport with me, they handed me a "white card" with my picture on it, stamp, etc. On the back, instead of writing down the correct date when i became a cardolder, they wrote the date when i entered the country. (that was some big gap). I did the same thing you did. I pointed that out to them. Their reaction? No big deal. They left it that way. I was ok with it. It didn't look like a disadvantage to me, + the people there were kind, so i let it be.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation