X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new york and delayed I-485

Hi all,

I posted a while back about 1-485 filed in NYC based on marriage to USC in May 2002. Until now, i havent received any information as to the status of my case, except the fact that it was transferred to Missouri for fingerprinting processing. I have some questions if you may:

1) what does it mean when i checked online and says, "case updated June 2002" processing resumed in your case -- thats all, no other explanations.

2) The last time i called my case was being processed by Missouri benefits center. Since i cannot check the processing time for Missouri, does the processing date for new york still applied to me? Current date for 1-485 is june 2003 (mine was May 2002). Where should i make a follow up? new york or Missouri, although i sent a letter to Missouri a month ago and no reply yet!

3.) IS there a problem when my case was initially filed through employment (295-I)then transferred to marriage petition? Do you think that is a factor why i am not scheduled for interview within the time frame?

I am so worried right now. I asked help from congresswoman to help because my lawyer is not doing anything, i hope i can get some results. I just want to know where my case at this time (new York or Missouri) and whats the problem?

thanks guys for sharing your opinion.

Hi all,

I posted a while back about 1-485 filed in NYC based on marriage to USC in May 2002. Until now, i havent received any information as to the status of my case, except the fact that it was transferred to Missouri for fingerprinting processing. I have some questions if you may:

1) what does it mean when i checked online and says, "case updated June 2002" processing resumed in your case -- thats all, no other explanations.

2) The last time i called my case was being processed by Missouri benefits center. Since i cannot check the processing time for Missouri, does the processing date for new york still applied to me? Current date for 1-485 is june 2003 (mine was May 2002). Where should i make a follow up? new york or Missouri, although i sent a letter to Missouri a month ago and no reply yet!

3.) IS there a problem when my case was initially filed through employment (295-I)then transferred to marriage petition? Do you think that is a factor why i am not scheduled for interview within the time frame?

I am so worried right now. I asked help from congresswoman to help because my lawyer is not doing anything, i hope i can get some results. I just want to know where my case at this time (new York or Missouri) and whats the problem?

thanks guys for sharing your opinion.

Comment

My advice to you Paula would be to get your US Citizen husband to contact New York state senators and Congressmen/women. I always noticed that when it was my US citizen wife who contacted them I usually got an answer within a couple days to a week.I actually never got an answer the one time I tried myself....I suppose politicans only feel like helping you if there is something in it for them....ie a vote and as immigrants can't vote until they Naturalize what it is in for them...cynical I know but with it being an election year you are more likely to get a quick response if your husband asks the questions on your behalf
      cheers,
      Paddy

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs