Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance of Labor Approval with MS and 6 months experience

I have been working for a company for almost 2 years now and they have agreed to sponser my green card.

According to my lawyer the experience that you can show when you file for a Labor Certification from the Department of Labor is just the experience that you had when you joined the company that is sponsoring your Green card. Based on this criteria the qualifications that I had when I joined this company is a MS in CS and around 6 months of experience in the US.

Would this experience be enough for my Labor approval?.

The draw back according to my lawyer is, there may be several American job seekers who satisfy those requirements and it may hinder my chance of getting an approval. He is also saying that he knows of several cases where PERM application was approved for M.S. + 6 months experience and wants to go ahead and file for my labor certification.

What do you guys suggest.

Thanks,

Tej

I have been working for a company for almost 2 years now and they have agreed to sponser my green card.

According to my lawyer the experience that you can show when you file for a Labor Certification from the Department of Labor is just the experience that you had when you joined the company that is sponsoring your Green card. Based on this criteria the qualifications that I had when I joined this company is a MS in CS and around 6 months of experience in the US.

Would this experience be enough for my Labor approval?.

The draw back according to my lawyer is, there may be several American job seekers who satisfy those requirements and it may hinder my chance of getting an approval. He is also saying that he knows of several cases where PERM application was approved for M.S. + 6 months experience and wants to go ahead and file for my labor certification.

What do you guys suggest.

Thanks,

Tej

Comment

It'll all depend on the initial job requirement, the advertisement for the position and the people that apply for it. IMO, 1 year and above is a stronger case for EB2 but like your lawyer said, there're plenty of cases with minimum experience that got approved. I also think your location and the company history of employment play a greater role than some would believe.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation