X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jc
    replied
    You're the one who should stop talking, what is it? is this your 8th post on this board so you shut your p.i.e. h.o.l.e, I'm responding to your uneducated claim that anyoneone in a host country illegally should be able to renew a passport. I got one thing to say to you
    Vito = S.t.u.p.i.d. take care b.o.o. b.o.o.l.l.

Leave a comment:

• Pasha Patel
    replied
    Hey guys,

No need to argue... first of all you can not send a passport out of country by mail...thats against law...

"A PASSPORT SHOULD NOT BE SENT OUT OF ANY COUNTRY BY POST."

link : http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/Passpins.html

other thing most countries want to check legal status while applying for renewal of passport ... in this case consulate general of India does check this before renewing a passport... They have to follow certain laws... and if someone doesnt have legal status here still its not a problem for that person to return to his own country even with expired passport at all.... They can not say no if he/she has expired passport but citizen of that country in case of deportation...

in short here are requirements of renewing passort at Indian Consulate...

What are the requirements for renewing a passport?

i) Original passport

ii) Completed Passport Renewal form

iii) Copy of Green Card (both sides, enlarged clear copy) or Employment Authorization card (clear enlarged copy) or legal/ visa status such as HIB etc

iv) No Fee is payable for renewal but if you are applying by mail, charges for mailing back the passport may be sent through a money order/cashier's check in favor of Consulate General of India. Please see item "VII" of "new passport" requirements.

link to check this :-

http://www.cgihouston.org/Indian_services.htm

Leave a comment:

• vito
    replied
    Yet another STUPID reply,

The thread originator has to go for interview for his canadian immigration & not here. Read carefuly then advise him what to do. He is not asking any immigration benefit from any one, just wants to extend validity of his pp which is his right. Thats all. No more discussion pl.

Leave a comment:

• jc
    replied
    You the s.t.u.p.i.d one my friend, so anyone who's in this country illegally can go to their consulate and extend or renew passports, there's no laws or anything. The thread here is about someone who has an upcoming interview and his passport is expired. Consulates need proof as to why he or she needs a passport like a work permit and NOA letter that his case is adjadicating. and people who has expired passports and need to go back home need to go to their consulate and explain the situation so they can get their citizen back home. Understood. Consulates in this country are bound by laws, it's not a flea market. Now smell your arm pits, look in the mirror and say i'm s.t.u.p.i.d.

Leave a comment:

• vito
    replied
    JC,
    I am talking sense just think a person of a A country comes to a host country on a visit visa. Due to some reason he is unable to go back to his country & his passport expires. Now he wants go back to his country. Do u think it make sense for his country's consulate to ask his citizen that first get ur status adjusted in the host country only then they will extend his pp validity? If he can't do that he shall remain stranded in the host country.
    What a stupid reply.

Leave a comment:

• jc
    replied
    Vito, you don't know what r u talking about all consulates requires proof of status in order to extend or renew passports.Poshby when you applied didn't you get a work permit? that's all you need, you don't need the green card to do it. my consulate did the same to me but i sent them the work permit with my passport with express mail and a paid return express mail envelope, and they returned it in 15 days.If they can't do it whithin the time window then tell them that you need a singed letter from them showing that you applied to renew your passport and it should be done in x date, show it to the immigration officer, when you get your passport, take it to immigration for the stamp. but if you don't have a work permit or anything from immigration showing that your in status you need to contact immigration right away to see if they can issue something like a letter or anything else prroving your in status to take to your consulate.

Leave a comment:

• vito
    replied
    Try to get a new passport from ur consulate instead of renewing the expired one. I don't understand why ur consulate need legal status to renew ur pp. As long as u are citizen of that country they should do it. I have not heard of any other country's consulate asking such a stupid requirement. They are supose to help their citizens instead of creating problems for them. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• poshby
    replied
    I tried doing that but there i have to be personally present.which i cant do cause i have over stayed my US visa and my interview is here in US worried if they wont allow me to enter.may be if some one can help if there is any channel from here.

Leave a comment:

• traveler
    replied
    Can't you get a new one in your home country by post by just sending in the documentation and then get someone to send it over here?????

Leave a comment:

• poshby
    replied
    my passport got expired a year ago.have applied for canada.my interview date is 1 month from now.there requirement is a valid passport.here when i called indian consulate they need legal status which i dont have.i got the interview date after 24 months .please someone help what should be done.how do i renew my passport

Leave a comment:

• poshby
    started a topic HELP WANTED:PASSPORT EXPIRED

HELP WANTED:PASSPORT EXPIRED

my passport got expired a year ago.have applied for canada.my interview date is 1 month from now.there requirement is a valid passport.here when i called indian consulate they need legal status which i dont have.i got the interview date after 24 months .please someone help what should be done.how do i renew my passport
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney