• WaitingToExhale
    replied
    Here is another perhaps, little known "Late Amnesty" settlement:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/P...derAmended.pdf

Leave a comment:

• pearl
    replied
    Hi Unique,
    WOW, I am so glad to read your post. Things really worked out for you at this time. Congrats. Stay calm and postive all will be fine with you and with all these members, hopefully. Just pray for us too. Hopefully, they accept my rejected appeal, too. Do you mind telling me wht month were your appeal rejected last year. And once again, congrats and good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Michaelthegreat
    replied
    thats why I read these stories; so I can see through the eyes of immigrants. You gotta admit sometimes the stories are wacky. That is why I LOVE ILW !!!!

Leave a comment:

• unique
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michaelthegreat:
    Its always a wacky story with these people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recently, my best friend passed away from cancer. I went to the hospital before he died. He told me the pain was unbearable and the grief was incomprehensible. I said, "I understand." He said, "no you don't." He was right, how could I?

Big Bad Mike, Yes, your a smart guy, yes, you do have some knowledge of immigration issues. Will you make a good attorney? I hope so. But you'd better start to look at things through the eyes of the immigrant, or you won't be worth $5 per hour.

If you were less cynical, you could someday earn a good living from fools like me.

Leave a comment:

• Michaelthegreat
    replied
    Its always a wacky story with these people

Leave a comment:

• unique
    replied
    When someone becomes inadmissible to the US for 10 years, that does not mean that they can just prance back in after the 10 years is up.

Their name will still be in the computer, and still inadmissible. They will have to apply from their home Country. If they have at one time been considered an irritant to the USCIS you can be sure there will be notes in their file. That 10 years could easily turn into 15 years, 20 years, or never. The way I see it once you leave your gone forever.

Forever is a long time to wait.

Keep it Real.

Leave a comment:

• republicanwriter
    replied
    This is getting scarey. I agree with Devil Man Again.

I think a person who is in a committed relationship could wait 10 years. Not easily, not happily, but every 6 months or so you visit, or try Canada and live in a border state where you could go back and forth.

I would be interested in how you can 'anul" a marriage for anything other than gross misrepresentation or failure to consumate.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It could give me false hope, it could take years to get a final answer. The final answer could still be denied. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Unique,

I think it's best to think positive. You've been given another chance, so consider it an opportunity. Rememer, the glass is half full, not half empty - lol!

Leave a comment:

• unique
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michaelthegreat:
    I am a true romantic and believe in TRUE LOVE, Not scamster love !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She wanted to wait. It was me who wanted to annul the marriage. I wanted to do that because I love her. She is still young, and needs to live a full life. It was a very difficult decision to make. As far as a scam? What scam? Maybe you didn't read the post properly?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To

To everyone else who wrote: Thanks for the good wishes.

Remember: I did not get approved. I was only given the opportunity to have an appeal. It's a fact that most appeals fail. It's possible that this could wind up being worse than before. It could give me false hope, it could take years to get a final answer. The final answer could still be denied.

I'm happy to be given the chance to appeal. I did not beat the system, the system just corrected itself.

Still I don't know what lays ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Michaelthegreat
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unique:
    You can't expect someone to wait for 10 years? [/b] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, what was I thinking ! I would wait eternity for the one(s) I loved !!!! I am a true romantic and believe in TRUE LOVE, Not scamster love !!!

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. B.
    replied
    Hi Unique,

Just to say congratulations - that's a nice update.

I do agree with you that there are conscientious people in the USCIS, I know from personal experience (I must be one of the lucky ones whose cases went on smoothly.)

Leave a comment:

• unique
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    Why would anyone annul a marriage because of an immigration issue; just explain that wonder-logic to me and set this story right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because of a little thing called THE LAW.

If my I-687 is denied I am inadmissible to the USA for 10 years. My wife has a young child. It is illegal for her to take her child out of the USA because the child has a Father. You can't expect a Mother to abandon her child? You can't expect someone to wait for 10 years?

I had no choice!!!

Leave a comment:

• Michaelthegreat
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unique:
    Another Fraudster beats the system !!! Why would you "I'm in the process of getting my marriage to my American born wife annulled due to fatal immigration problems"? So you are admitting that it was a fraud ! Why else would be getting an annullment?? This makes no sense !!!
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your so focused on dishonest people, you cannot see someone with extremely high integrity. Since my case is now re-opened I will not annul my marriage. I love my wife and she loves me. My marriage has nothing to do with my immigration case. The USCIS does not know that I'm married to an American citizen. I did just the opposite of what everybody else does. I applied for adjustment of status under my own volition, without the help of my wife.

I never filed a I-485 or a I-130. The reason I was getting an annulment is because I was out of status when I married and knew the CIS would never grant a waver of inadmissibility for me. Since they consider me a trouble maker because I fervently complained about a corrupt officer.

One more thing you should know. Since 1987 I was never out of status. I have 47 US entry stamps in my lifetime passports. This is because I was not allowed to work in the US, so I did business elsewhere and brought my money back to the USA and spent it here. I also paid taxes here. Who else did that???

I only got out of status due to my immigration case which requires me NOT TO TRAVEL. I bought and paid for an I-131 advance parole (travel document) and never got it. My corrupt immigration officer withheld the I-131 so he could mess up my career. He was very jealous of my accomplishments. That's why and how I got out of status.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who are you? Eliot Spitzer? !!! Why would an immigration officer give a rats behind about how important you think you are?!

Why would anyone annul a marriage because of an immigration issue; just explain that wonder-logic to me and set this story right.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation