Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiding and Abetting Illegal Aliens IS A FELONY

Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or

* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime. Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his or her work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property. In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit (or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief.

RICO -- Citizen Recourse

Private persons and entities may initiate civil suits to obtain injunctions and treble damages against enterprises that conspire to or actually violate federal alien smuggling, harboring, or document fraud statutes, under the Racketeer-Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO). The pattern of racketeering activity is defined as commission of two or more of the listed crimes. A RICO enterprise can be any individual legal entity, or a group of individuals who are not a legal entity but are associated in fact, AND CAN INCLUDE NONPROFIT ASSOCIATIONS.

*Fake Store front Churches such as Aldaberto in Chicago that is notorious for harboring illegal aliens who have been ordered deported from America better take heed.
    Wolves Travel In Packs

Out of curiousity, I wonder what happens if illegal aliens are harbored on Indian Reservations.

I remember way back I was told that the Feds or anyone didn't have juristiction on a Indian Reservation.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Clinton Calls For Invaders To "Step Out Of The Shadows"
      Posted by: The Watchdog
      Columbia Missourian

COLUMBIA "” Chelsea Clinton told a crowd of students and supporters Monday that her mother wants to invite undocumented immigrants to "step out of the shadows."

Chelsea Clinton talked about a path that would allow immigrants to become citizens by paying a fine and paying back taxes as a percentage of their incomes over a period of time.

"In terms of the 12 to 14 million people who are here illegally (Hillary Clinton) wants people to come out of the shadows and be registered," Chelsea Clinton said.

She spoke about her mother's comprehensive immigration plan. She discussed security issues and workplace laws.

"My mom has said that she supports comprehensive immigration reform ... We do want to be a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants, but it's also about security," she said.

Chelsea Clinton also said that her mother encourages people to learn English though she does not support mandating English as the national language.

In terms of focusing on Latino youth, Clinton expressed that her mother has supported the DREAM Act twice, federal legislation that would allow undocumented high school students to be eligible for higher education and legal status. The DREAM Act failed in the U.S. Senate on Oct. 24.

"I think that is really important because we want people to realize their own dreams, and it should be about their dreams and not the choices their parents made to help them realize those dreams," she said.

Eduardo Crespi is the director and founder of Centro Latino, an organization in Columbia that provides health, education and cultural services to Latinos. He said the best way to encourage people to learn English is by supporting them.

*"What the government has to do is put more money and incentives into schools, nonprofit programs and grassroots that are giving immigrants the chance to learn the language," he said. "The Latino community and other immigrants should learn the language to understand what is going on and make informed decisions."

Crespi said Hillary Clinton should hold accountable other Democrats that did not support the DREAM Act in the case of Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.

Chelsea Clinton said the immigration debate is distinct to the Democratic party.

"If you listen to the Democratic debates, I think this is actually a place where we are really distinctive versus the Republicans in that we talk about immigration," she said. "I think that the Republicans treat this as something that could just go away, and I want someone to ask them what would that mean."

Professor John Petrocik, chair of the MU Department of Political Science, said Clinton's comments are what one would expect from a Democrat, especially to appeal to the Hispanic/Latino constituency.

"This is a not a very distinctive position in my mind because in terms of what she said, you are basically going to be getting the same position from John Edwards or Obama," he said. "No Democrat is going to take a hard-edge position against immigration."

Meghan Mercier, a senior political science major who attended the event, said Chelsea Clinton didn't address the inconsistencies in Hillary Clinton's platform on immigration.

"On the immigration issue, there weren't any specific questions dealing with the different aspects of Hillary's immigration policy. Chelsea says that they want to take count of the people that are here, but her mother doesn't support driver's licenses for illegal immigrants," Mercier said. "Chelsea didn't address these contradictions because she didn't have to."

Crespi said he thinks it is good idea that Hillary Clinton is supporting the comprehensive immigration bill but thinks that more should be done from both parties.

"In terms of immigration, they can talk about it but they aren't doing anything," he said. "Nothing has happened on both sides of the aisles, neither the Republicans nor the Democrats."
      http://www.immigrationwatchdog.com/?p=5679
      http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2008/01/28/cl...ts-step-out-shadows/

*Chelsea needs to mind her business or either donate her inheritance to what she thinks is such a worthy cause . . . or maybe Shrillary should enact a law to rescind that 10M of our tax dollars they voted to give to LaRaza for the next 10 years and instead give the illegals that 20 Million she and Billybob recently inherited from their shady investment.
      Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

Tancredo Assails Stimulus Package "Giveaway" to Illegal Aliens
        Bill would dole out millions of dollars to illegals

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Littleton) today criticized the tax package passed by the Democrat-controlled Congress as a giveaway to illegal aliens. The package, among other shortcomings, would direct the Internal Revenue Service to issue checks of up to $600 to individuals and $1,200 to married couples, as well as rebates for any children. The legislation does not, however, contain any provision barring illegal aliens from taking advantage of these benefits.

"This package will stimulate one thing for certain: more illegal immigration," said Tancredo. "It's just the latest unfortunate example of American workers footing the bill for illegal aliens."

The bill would allow so-called "Resident Aliens" to receive rebate checks. The Treasury department classifies someone as a "Resident Alien" based on how much time that person has spent in the United States. No proof of legal presence, however, is required. The IRS' explanation of the term can be found at: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html

"Worse, a large portion of this money will just be sent back to the home countries of illegal aliens," concluded Tancredo. "So it might stimulate someone's economy – just not ours."

The bill was considered under a procedure in the House of Representatives that did not allow for any opportunity to amend the bill to restrict payments to illegal aliens.
        http://www.borderfirereport.net/latest/tancredo-assails...-illegal-aliens.html
        Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

Beverly-girl, you certainly do have an agenda to pursue! I envy the diligence with which you ferret out the articles and information on your favorite subject! If only all that energy of yours could be channeled towards loftier goals! ))
          Maybe be you need to find a boyfriend! That could take a load off a woman's mind! )

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Beverly:
            Originally posted by Byasha Struzhkin:
            Beverly-girl, you certainly do have an agenda to pursue! I envy the diligence with which you ferret out the articles and information on your favorite subject! If only all that energy of yours could be channeled towards loftier goals! ))
            Maybe be you need to find a boyfriend! That could take a load off a woman's mind! )
            Is the correct pronounciation of your name: B-A-S-H-E-R? If so it definitely fits you.

In light of the fact that you along with several others have viewed this thread and my goal is to inform as many people as possible about the negative impacts of illegal immigration, Mission Accomplished!

I'm glad you're enjoying this thread, but I've read several of your posts and notice that you seem to enjoy trolling and insulting other posters.

For the record in my case you are number 9999999999 in that line, and I'll probably be here posting the truth, long after you've been deported.

Keep reading, there's more to come and there's nothing like being informed, is it?
            Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

House panel backs repeal of in-state tuition for students in U.S. illegally
              By Jennifer W. Sanchez

The Salt Lake Tribune
              Article Last Updated: 01/30/2008 06:34:47 AM MST

With about 100 people waiting to hear the debate on a bill that would repeal in-state college tuition for undocumented students, the House Education Committee on Tuesday started its meeting 30 minutes late and then only allowed for 10 minutes of public comment on it.
              In an 8-5 vote, Republicans passed HB241. Four Democrats and Rep. Kory Holdaway, R-Taylorsville, voted against the measure. The bill now heads to the House floor.
              Last year, the repeal died just shy of one vote in the House.
              In his fifth consecutive attempt to kill the 2002 in-state college tuition law, bill sponsor Rep. Glenn Donnelson, R-North Ogden, said undocumented students should be encouraged to return to their native country before they turn 18, so they have a chance to return to the United States legally. He also said it is unnecessary for undocumented students to go to college if they can't get internships or jobs.
              "They can't legally work and employers won't hire them," Donnelson said. "Are we selling a false dream?"
              Bill supporters, including the Utah Minuteman Project and the Utah Eagle Forum, said the law is a magnet for undocumented immigrants to move to Utah and undocumented students are here illegally.
              "We are encouraging illegal immigration by providing benefits," Kaianne Lisonbee said.
              Representatives from the University of
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------
              Utah, the Utah System of Higher Education, Ivory Development and other community agencies pleaded with lawmakers to oppose the bill.
              Rep. Greg Hughes, R-Draper and committee chairman, was text messaging as Donnelson gave his presentation. Hughes said a long discussion wasn't necessary on the bill because the committee was made up of the same lawmakers who supported it last year.
              Before the committee voted, Rep. Carol Spackman Moss, D-Holladay, said she opposed the bill and found it "wrong-headed and mean-spirited" to attack undocumented students who already face enough challenges to succeed.
              "We have to be forward-thinking and hope the laws will change," she said.
              In the 2006-2007 school year, about 280 undocumented students at Utah's nine public colleges and universities paid in-state tuition - one-third of them attending Salt Lake Community College.

jsanchez@sltrib.com
              http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_8116418

Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Beverly:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beverly:
                Originally posted by Byasha Struzhkin:
                Is the correct pronounciation of your name: B-A-S-H-E-R? If so it definitely fits you.

In light of the fact that you along with several others have viewed this thread and my goal is to inform as many people as possible about the negative impacts of illegal immigration, Mission Accomplished!

I'm glad you're enjoying this thread, but I've read several of your posts and notice that you seem to enjoy trolling and insulting other posters.

For the record in my case you are number 9999999999 in that line, and I'll probably be here posting the truth, long after you've been deported.

Keep reading, there's more to come and there's nothing like being informed, is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, you do need to get *l*a*i*d, because there can be only one explanation for a woman being THAT pissed off at the world! )
                Who knows, maybe one day a nice Mexican boy will come along to, eh... how shall I put it... "rock your world! " ) If Prozac didn't work for you, maybe that will...))))

Comment

By the way, I guess you wouldn't like the book by Erich Maria Remarque – "Arch of Triumph". This masterpiece of world literature happens to be about an illegal alien seeking refuge in France from the reality of the Nazi Germany, as well as about people "aiding and abetting" him... You probably would be in favor of banning that book in the US...))))

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080130/..._immigrants_dc

By Adriana Garcia
                    Wed Jan 30, 11:15 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - As an economic slowdown and the subprime mortgage crisis deepen across the United States, Hispanic immigrants are increasingly in danger of losing their jobs and their homes.

Both legal and illegal immigrants joined Americans in buying homes they could barely afford when the market spiraled upward and many have been caught with mortgages higher than the value of their homes as prices have slumped in the past year.

Just as subprime mortgage payments rose and house prices fell, the economy's slowdown has hurt the construction sector, which employs large numbers of Hispanics and other immigrants.

Unemployment among Hispanics in the United States jumped to 6.3 percent in December, up from 5.7 percent the previous month and well above the national average of 5 percent, U.S. Department of Labor statistics show.

And almost half of the mortgage loans in the hands of Hispanics are subprime, making them especially vulnerable to the housing downturn.

"Economic conditions are deteriorating and many immigrants now can't work those extra hours or find that second job to keep up with their mortgage payments," said Aracely Panameno at the Center for Responsive Lending (CRL) research policy group.

Nelson, a 29-year-old legal immigrant and construction worker from El Salvador, had a miserable run of luck in November, when he lost his job and his subprime mortgage bills jumped $650 to about $2,650.

He says he now has to sell the home he bought in Maryland in 2005. If he is unable to sell in the next four months, he will have to foreclose, meaning an even bigger financial loss and a damaging black mark on his credit record.

"I have to practically give it away," he said.

Like many caught up in the crisis, the father of three said he had no idea his monthly payments would soar two years into the mortgage when he closed the adjustable-rate subprime deal.

"You have to sign a lot of things when you buy a house, so I didn't read, I just signed. I think it was the anxiety, the happiness of buying my house," he said. "I feel a bit betrayed."

RECESSION FEARS

U.S. President George W. Bush and Congressional leaders are working on an economic stimulus package worth almost $150 billion to fend off a possible recession, and Bush last month unveiled a plan to slow the wave of home loan foreclosures by freezing the rates on some subprime loans.

But experts say most of the immigrants in financial trouble are either not entitled to help under the rescue plan or are not taking advantage of it.

There are around 43 million Hispanics in the United States, making them the country's largest minority, and Mexicans and Central Americans account for the vast majority of some 12 million illegal immigrants.

Tighter immigration laws and police raids have added further pressure on illegal workers and residents.

"There is less work, and more fear (of deportation)," said one Mexican illegal immigrant who lives with his family in Kansas. "Employers are relying more and more on you having a Social Security number in order."

Although there is no formal tally, Mexican consular sources say a growing number of illegal immigrants across the United States are starting to pack their bags and return home.

Illegal immigrants were able to buy U.S. homes during the boom years, either by showing evidence that they pay taxes or by simply presenting false documents.

Many of them took out high interest fixed-rate loans or subprime mortgages with a low entry rate that later rose sharply. Experts say language difficulties made them more vulnerable to being offered, and taking, bad deals.

"They were more exposed to abuse," said Alejandra Loudn of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's housing department, which carried out a recent study on Latino home loan foreclosures. "Documents were in English and explained in Spanish, and some vital explanation would be missing."
                    Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

Originally posted by Beverly:

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Littleton) today criticized the tax package passed by the Democrat-controlled Congress as a giveaway to illegal aliens. The package, among other shortcomings, would direct the Internal Revenue Service to issue checks of up to $600 to individuals and $1,200 to married couples, as well as rebates for any children. The legislation does not, however, contain any provision barring illegal aliens from taking advantage of these benefits.

"This package will stimulate one thing for certain: more illegal immigration," said Tancredo. "It's just the latest unfortunate example of American workers footing the bill for illegal aliens."

The bill would allow so-called "Resident Aliens" to receive rebate checks. The Treasury department classifies someone as a "Resident Alien" based on how much time that person has spent in the United States. No proof of legal presence, however, is required. The IRS' explanation of the term can be found at: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc851.html

"Worse, a large portion of this money will just be sent back to the home countries of illegal aliens," concluded Tancredo. "So it might stimulate someone's economy – just not ours."

The bill was considered under a procedure in the House of Representatives that did not allow for any opportunity to amend the bill to restrict payments to illegal aliens.

Some things never change.
                      Talk about learning from mistakes in the past that were rectified... only to come full circle and do it again. This government is misusing my hard earned money and every other hard working legal person in usa.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Byasha Struzhkin:
                        Maybe be you need to find a boyfriend! That could take a load off a woman's mind! )[/]

I can certainly understand your envy of this posters diligence. I too envy the diligence and time and effort that posters like beverly , explora, and Proud usc and Mike007 put into researching and posting articles to inform all of us for immigration related events and immigration news. I only wish that I could be as dedicated as they are.

I cannot imagine what type of goals you would consider more lofty than informing legal residents and citizens about the effect of illegal immigration impact on the country they are residing in. Knowledge = Awareness= enlightened=power. If even one person will contact their congress to let them know they want something done about negative impact on their quality of life. then mission of the poster will be accomplished.

Wouldnt you agree...

Comment

Originally posted by 4now:
                          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beverly:

Some things never change.
                          Talk about learning from mistakes in the past that were rectified... only to come full circle and do it again. This government is misusing my hard earned money and every other hard working legal person in usa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. Things are so out of control until they find it easier to dole out the money to anyone with 9 digits reporting any form of income, whether they are here illegally or not. The infrastructure of our government is so dysfunctional it's on the verge of total collapse. No matter what they do about the mess they have created it will be too little too late.
                          Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

Originally posted by davdah:
                            Well said
                            ditto . . thank you 4Now
                            Wolves Travel In Packs

Comment

Beverly: Byasha's initials say it all..."BS"..which is all this clown posts....BS. This person hasn't a clue about illegal immigration, which is why this submoron posts only insults directed at you (and soon, me)...I would love to see a law that causes an American village idiot to go to JAIL for marrying some illegal alien douchebag....that would put a damper on those 'good faith'marriages we so often see when illegals are on the cusp of being deported....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation