X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckho
    replied
    You can apply for a "green card", but you need to meet the guidelines.

Sponsorship is removed by death, naturalization, 40 quarters of employment, or loss of LPR status.

Your income can not substitute for your fiancée's; however, the income of all family members in the household can be added together and used to meet the guidelines.

The co-sponsor must meet the income threshold separately. A co-sponsor's income is not added to the sponsor's.

Leave a comment:

• stlie
    replied
    Hello,
    I'm currently an F1 student and I'm gonna get married with my fiancee who's a US citizen pretty soon.
    I have questions about sponsorhip or co-sponsorhip. My fiancee doesn't qualify to be my sponsor since her income is less than what the USCIS required (since she's still a student). Can I still apply for Green Card?
    Is there a way to remove the sponsorship? I'll be graduating on May 2007 and will be working afterwards. Can my income substitute for my fiancee's sponsorship?
    My last question is does the income of co-sponsor really matter if he/she has income above the requirement? What I mean is my sister has income over the requirement to be co-sponsor, but not much. Does it matter if my co-sponsor has income $40,000 or $18,000?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• stlie
    started a topic Co-sponsorhip for applying Green Card

Co-sponsorhip for applying Green Card

Hello,
    I'm currently an F1 student and I'm gonna get married with my fiancee who's a US citizen pretty soon.
    I have questions about sponsorhip or co-sponsorhip. My fiancee doesn't qualify to be my sponsor since her income is less than what the USCIS required (since she's still a student). Can I still apply for Green Card?
    Is there a way to remove the sponsorship? I'll be graduating on May 2007 and will be working afterwards. Can my income substitute for my fiancee's sponsorship?
    My last question is does the income of co-sponsor really matter if he/she has income above the requirement? What I mean is my sister has income over the requirement to be co-sponsor, but not much. Does it matter if my co-sponsor has income $40,000 or $18,000?
    Thank you
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation