Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 approved but I-130 pending

I just received notice that my I 485 has been approved and that my card is on its way, but the status of my i 130 shows still pending. Both were submitted at the same time. What does that mean? Shouldn't the I 130 be approved first before the I 485? Can I assume now that my I 485 has been approved the the I 130 is also approved?

I just received notice that my I 485 has been approved and that my card is on its way, but the status of my i 130 shows still pending. Both were submitted at the same time. What does that mean? Shouldn't the I 130 be approved first before the I 485? Can I assume now that my I 485 has been approved the the I 130 is also approved?

Comment

Yes, definitely, if what you meant was that your I-130 is still pending as per Case Status Online service, because that piece of information (online status) is not legal and binding, that's neither being updated regularly nor strictly.

Comment

thanks. Yes the case status online does say that my I130 is pending, so there is no need to follow on that since my I485 has been approved?

Comment

Yes, if I were you, I would safely assume so.

Comment

My neighbour, filed three I-130 Petitions for his son,and two daughters age 21 years on Dec. 20, 2000, at the time of filing he was an LPR.
            This I-130 was approved in March 2007, and as per instructions of uscis he filed I-485 in April 2007 with all supporting documents.
            Since then all of them were finger printed in May 2007. since the filing of all the document he had only received one Notice of Action for Interview for his one daughter. for others he had no information so far he wrote to Dist. Director of Chicago Office, as well as Lee's Summit, MO Office he had no news. What should we do now.
            Appreciate you assistance in this regards.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation