Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting stones

It is refreshing to find that there are so many people on this board who are flawless. Again, sarcasm does not come across this board well, but I have been reading some of the postings, and have been reflecting on some things.

Kind of reminds me of the famous scripture where the adulterous woman was dragged in front of the church officials and Jesus in the middle of the town. The ones who brought her there were so proud that they caught her "in the very act".

The church officials righteously declared that under current law, she must be stoned, but tempted Jesus by asking "what do you think we should do"?

Stones in hand, they anxiously waited for His response, Jesus drew in the sand.

He finally said, "let you who are without sin cast the first stone".

The law abiders must have been vehement. One by one, they each dropped their own stones and turned and walked away, leaving Jesus alone with the woman.

She was too ashamed to even look at Jesus. He simply asked her, "woman, where are your accusers now"?

No one was left. He turned to her and said, "neither will I judge you, go your sins are forgiven, sin no more".

Don't know why I thought about this story now as I am reading the postings, just did.

Are any of us really without sin?
    Can any of us really stand in a place of judgement toward others?

I can already hear the superfluous vehemency now as I write. Don't really want a response, this was just a thought to ponder.

Your friend, NHF

It is refreshing to find that there are so many people on this board who are flawless. Again, sarcasm does not come across this board well, but I have been reading some of the postings, and have been reflecting on some things.

Kind of reminds me of the famous scripture where the adulterous woman was dragged in front of the church officials and Jesus in the middle of the town. The ones who brought her there were so proud that they caught her "in the very act".

The church officials righteously declared that under current law, she must be stoned, but tempted Jesus by asking "what do you think we should do"?

Stones in hand, they anxiously waited for His response, Jesus drew in the sand.

He finally said, "let you who are without sin cast the first stone".

The law abiders must have been vehement. One by one, they each dropped their own stones and turned and walked away, leaving Jesus alone with the woman.

She was too ashamed to even look at Jesus. He simply asked her, "woman, where are your accusers now"?

No one was left. He turned to her and said, "neither will I judge you, go your sins are forgiven, sin no more".

Don't know why I thought about this story now as I am reading the postings, just did.

Are any of us really without sin?
    Can any of us really stand in a place of judgement toward others?

I can already hear the superfluous vehemency now as I write. Don't really want a response, this was just a thought to ponder.

Your friend, NHF

Comment

Comment

Funny, it was after reading your posts Davdah that I posted this....

Comment

Society can not sustain itself in the long run if it stops enforcing it's own rules.
          Each and every one of us have our own, hoverver diverse, function in the life - we can only try to do it to our best.

As to the Biblical story..

I don't know if I wouldn't be doing same as what this woman did in her life, if I was born and lived her life from day one to the last.
          Nor do I know with certainty what emotions would run through me and how would I react prior and at the moment depicted if I was born and lived in the skin of each and every one of those men who brought her over to Jesus.
          And I most certainly don't know how would I act if I was Jesus. For I am not Jesus.

Regards,

RationalE

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            Glad I inspired some emotion.

Wouldn't it be a boring place here without the likes of certain individuals who say or post things that are controversial or titillating.
            Those are the ones that get the most play. A week or so back there was a jousting match between jake and someone12. It had thousands of views in a short time. Another by explora about alien exploitation is nearing 20,000 views. Rational puts up a lot of art (good stuff I might add), poetry, and philosophy. What does it have to do with immigration, not much. Who cares, no one.

This is just a forum. People come to chat and exchange ideas or opinions. There is good advise given and of course some not so good. Its up to the reader to decide what to do with it.

For anyone who really wants to get the straight and narrow on their issue they will of course see a lawyer. Quite often this turns into a form of socializing between people who have a common bond. Most of us are in the throws of the immigration process. This, if for nothing else gives some assurance we aren't alone and our problems aren't the end of the world or so unique. We are not being deported tomorrow.

So have a cold one (beer or ice tea), kick back and learn to laugh at some of the stuff you see here. 99.99% of it isn't serious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately Davdah, some people are being deported tomorrow, some today, some as we speak. People come to this board as a safe refuge seeking answers, many their very livlihoods depend on the responses they receive. I totally disagree that 99.99% of the postings are not serious, quite to the contrary Davdah. 90% of the questions that I have read are from very desperate and destitute people, needing immediate relief. To give these folks a light hearted quib or a half thought out answer is a disservice to them and a disservice to yourself.
            Many come here due to the fact (howbeit unwise) that they lack the monetary or educational resources to acquire adequate legal counsel.

To somehow think that the postings here are here for your own enjoyment and to be used as a pun for jokes, sarcasm and a weird way to vent anger for unresolved personal issues is not only incorrect, it is a travesty.

Not everyone that comes to this board owns 2 homes, has a successful business in Cali and has the means to attain answers to very difficult immigration issues. We are talking about people's lives here, no game, no time to laugh and drink tea (let them eat cake?)
            These are real people seeking real answers to real problems, not sure how to make this any clearer. Men, women, children, families, some who are and will be separated, some without legal counsel, some with legal counsel that has taken large amounts of money and not performed services promised, some with language barriers, even though they are trying very hard to learn our difficult language, working for pennies on the dollar and being taken advantage of every step of the way because of ignorance or desperation or both.
            I've probably said too much, carry on, proceed with caution though. It's not all about you.

NHF

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">seperated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should be spelled separated.
              But don't do as I do, do as you say

Comment

I was once in a spelling bee, but I lost because the other contastents cheeted.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was once in a spelling bee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not

Comment

U R 2

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RationalE:
                      <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">seperated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should be spelled separated.
                      But don't do as I do, do as you say </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the only thing you got out of this?
                      I will take the next opportunity to correct your many past grammatical errors as well. This is such an effective way to help, thank you Rational E.

Comment

Comment

Meaning?

Comment

The Gateless Gate

Comment

Not following what you are trying to say.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation