Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal Condition - Change of Address

Hi everyone, quick question, I just moved with my husband (in the Army) to Texas from Maryland. In August I have to remove the conditional status. Should I sent the form to Vermont or Texas? When I changed my address, are they going to send the file to Texas or not. Anyone has the experience?

Thanks.

Hi everyone, quick question, I just moved with my husband (in the Army) to Texas from Maryland. In August I have to remove the conditional status. Should I sent the form to Vermont or Texas? When I changed my address, are they going to send the file to Texas or not. Anyone has the experience?

Thanks.

Comment

Me2,

I had a conditional green card when I moved to Texas as well. Then, when the time came to remove conditions I mailed my I-751 form to TSC and not to my old service center (NSC) and my petition was approved within 9 months of sending I-751 form. Anyways, I remember clearly from the I-751 instructions that you have to mail your application to the service center that has jurisdiction over your state. So, the answer is TSC not VSC. Hope that helps and good luck!

Comment

Thanks Monclovac for the quick reply I have to send Form AR-11 first (change fo address). Then in August I will send removal of condition to TSC. 9 months...wow that's sure a very long time. Will they allow me to go out from the country while my removal is pending? Just for a visit, not a long stay. I know from what I read that they give an extension of time while it's pending, but just to make sure

Comment

Me2,

Yes, I mailed form AR-11 as soon as I moved to Texas as well. Yes, when you mail I-751, you will receive NOA extending your conditional green card for one more year with which you can go out/in the country without no problem. I crossed the border a number of times and never had a problem with my expired GC and extension letter. Good luck!

Comment

Hi Monclovac,

I have a question too. Hope u have the answer to that. My question is the date of extention of Conditonal card. Is it with effect the date of expiration of the card or from date they receive the form I-751? I mean if conditional card is expiring 1st of August, will extention will be effective 2nd August?
            I will appreciate ur reply.
            Thanks

Comment

vito,

Yes, that is correct. It will be effective starting August 2, 2005 to August 1, 2006. It extends your conditional GC for one more year from the date your conditional GC was approved. Hope that helps.

Comment

Monclovac,

Thank u for the clarification. Please let me ask u for another sepecific question. A conditional GC is expiring on Aug 11, 2005.The holder can submit his I-751 any time between May 11, 2005 & Aug 11, 2005. Incase he submits I-751 by May 11, 2005. Do u think he still gets extention of his GC with effect Aug 12, 2005 or the date his I-797 is issued?
                Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed