Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 hold at NVC

I married to American citizen on April 2001 then apply for I-130, I-485 and I-765
    I got my work permit and worked while waiting for green card.
    Then apply for advance parole to come back home in Thailand, but I was back to the US. With my expired advance parole, the Orlando ins told me to re apply I-130, I-485 or go back to Thailand, I decided to go back to Thailand.
    Then my husband apply I-130 for me on Nov 2003 and filled I will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in Bangkok Thailand, and I-129F on Jan 2004.
    I came to the US on K3 visa on Oct 2004 and my I-130 approved on Feb 2005
    But we moved to TN on Jan 2005 and I am not sure I got the approval document or not (I know that my I-130 was approved by online search).
    Then I got a letter from NVC on feb12,2005 to pay AOS fee, I sent the fee on Oct10,2005 and we moved after I sent the fee so I never had received anything from NVC since.
    I came back to Thailand on Mar 2006 , I e-mail to NVC asked for interview for immigrant visa while I am here in Bangkok , the NVC answered me this
    " The NVC received notification of the beneficiary's intent to adjust status in the US. The NVC does not process adjustment of status case. We will hold the petition at the NVC until we are notified by the USCIS to return the petition to them".
    I wonder how come they received that notification but I had not e-mail them for that, then my K3 visa expired on Oct,2006 and I am still here in Bangkok.
    Then my husband moved back to FL on Feb 2007 and now I wanted to go back to the US. , I called the Bangkok US embassy and asked them about my case she told me,
    My husband has to write to USCIS to transfer my case to NVC so I can have interview for immigrant visa here.
    My husband called the USCIS customer service to ask for the address of ins to sent a letter to and told them that we couldn't find our I-130 approval document, the customer service told him to make appointment to talk with Orlando ins office and file I-824.
    Here are my question.
    Is this the only one way for me to go back to the US, and how long the process of
    I-824 and how do I know my I-130 still in effect?.
    Is there anyway to have the NVC to proceed my case to have me interview in Bangkok?

Your assistance is appreciated,
    Thank you in advance

I married to American citizen on April 2001 then apply for I-130, I-485 and I-765
    I got my work permit and worked while waiting for green card.
    Then apply for advance parole to come back home in Thailand, but I was back to the US. With my expired advance parole, the Orlando ins told me to re apply I-130, I-485 or go back to Thailand, I decided to go back to Thailand.
    Then my husband apply I-130 for me on Nov 2003 and filled I will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in Bangkok Thailand, and I-129F on Jan 2004.
    I came to the US on K3 visa on Oct 2004 and my I-130 approved on Feb 2005
    But we moved to TN on Jan 2005 and I am not sure I got the approval document or not (I know that my I-130 was approved by online search).
    Then I got a letter from NVC on feb12,2005 to pay AOS fee, I sent the fee on Oct10,2005 and we moved after I sent the fee so I never had received anything from NVC since.
    I came back to Thailand on Mar 2006 , I e-mail to NVC asked for interview for immigrant visa while I am here in Bangkok , the NVC answered me this
    " The NVC received notification of the beneficiary's intent to adjust status in the US. The NVC does not process adjustment of status case. We will hold the petition at the NVC until we are notified by the USCIS to return the petition to them".
    I wonder how come they received that notification but I had not e-mail them for that, then my K3 visa expired on Oct,2006 and I am still here in Bangkok.
    Then my husband moved back to FL on Feb 2007 and now I wanted to go back to the US. , I called the Bangkok US embassy and asked them about my case she told me,
    My husband has to write to USCIS to transfer my case to NVC so I can have interview for immigrant visa here.
    My husband called the USCIS customer service to ask for the address of ins to sent a letter to and told them that we couldn't find our I-130 approval document, the customer service told him to make appointment to talk with Orlando ins office and file I-824.
    Here are my question.
    Is this the only one way for me to go back to the US, and how long the process of
    I-824 and how do I know my I-130 still in effect?.
    Is there anyway to have the NVC to proceed my case to have me interview in Bangkok?

Your assistance is appreciated,
    Thank you in advance

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by norac:
      Is there anyway to have the NVC to proceed my case to have me interview in Bangkok? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      With an I-824, you ask USCIS/NVC to inform foreign consulate about the approved petition, which is a step in getting an interview for an immigrant visa.

You have a little "mess" in your process (missing approval), so it may be a good idea to consult a lawyer.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation