Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring someone for a visa

Hi guys!!! I am about to reveal how limited my immigration knowledge really is!

Anyway, a neighbor asked my mom to "sponsor" him. He hasn't given her a lot of information and my mom gets a little confused sometimes so I am not really sure of the details, although I hope to learn more later.

So, I was wondering if he was thinking of the I-864 or if there is some way she could sponsor him for a work visa... or what type of sponsorship might he be talking about.

Bascially, my mother really likes him and has a very close relationship with his daughter - but she has retired and is on both social security and disability. So, I am not quite sure what type of sponsorship she would qualify for.

Can anyone help me here with some VERY basic information on types of sponsorship that exist?

Thanks!

Hi guys!!! I am about to reveal how limited my immigration knowledge really is!

Anyway, a neighbor asked my mom to "sponsor" him. He hasn't given her a lot of information and my mom gets a little confused sometimes so I am not really sure of the details, although I hope to learn more later.

So, I was wondering if he was thinking of the I-864 or if there is some way she could sponsor him for a work visa... or what type of sponsorship might he be talking about.

Bascially, my mother really likes him and has a very close relationship with his daughter - but she has retired and is on both social security and disability. So, I am not quite sure what type of sponsorship she would qualify for.

Can anyone help me here with some VERY basic information on types of sponsorship that exist?

Thanks!

Comment

I think it might be a family based AOS, where the petitioner doesn't make enough money by him/herself and need a 2nd sponsor. I doubt there's a work visa category where an individual (instead of an entity/company) can be a sponsor.

Comment

I would guess that he's probably talking about co-sponsorship.

Unless it was somehow an indirect marriage proposal Like mother, like daughter, attracting those foreign fellows (just kidding)
        Have a nice day

Comment

Thanks for all your help.

Gluhbirne... hehehe, the thought briefly crossed my mind, but then I thought his wife would be pretty darn surprised!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation