No announcement yet.

Photos on !-130 and G-325A

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I apprectiate your input S12, and I understand that part of the vague instructions because I have read and read and read again, but all of the instructions seem to leave out small details as if to give the agent the latitude to say yea or nay depending on the type of day they are having today, much like where to put and how to mount the photos on I-130. Now I prepare the !-129F application in anticipation of an approval of the I-130 application I sent, and I am unsure if I should send the I-864 with the I-129F or if that goes with the adjustment of status. I know she will need the I-134 at the interview but asking questions of the service center seems to be really taking a chance on the validity of the information. Already having the experience of the honest person being scrutinized to death because in today's world, there cannot possibly be an honest person doing things correctly, and watching people who cut corners and do things that are absolutely not right, who skate by without a problem, I am trying to do everything in a manner that answers every question before it is asked, helps me avoid the rfe and minimizes the processing time if it is possible to do all of these things at the same time. I have the I-129F complete, the photos, phone bills, other bills that are in both names, e-mails, translated documents all together and she will send me her G-325A whith her signature when it is time and if there is anything else I should send with the package, if anyones sees anything I have left out that should go along that will help me make this application complete, I would appreciate the tips. This site is a great place to come with questions and I hope that those who have been through all of this before will stay here as I hope to do and help all the newcomers. There will be more I am sure with the same questions propagated by the same forms written by the same people.


    • #47
      We have already signed documents where we promise to each other that divorce is never to hapen in our relationship. We are together for life! We have already made that promise to each other and put it in writing so we have this docukemt in Ukrainian on the wall in the home where nobody knows what it says but our Ukrainian friends. I asked her to sign a prenup which she did after reading it for an hour or so, and when she signed it I tore it up. I do not need such things with my wife. I know there are some a guy might need it with, but what we have is beyond that.


      • #48
        such a document has no value as far as the approval (or denial) of an I 130...
        yes, you are right....there is no shortage of scam artists, visa cheats and outright scumbags trying 24/7 to game our system, hence, many applications are scrutinized (and really, who can blame them?I would do the same)....but as to how to attach photos, well, the specific method is not likely to cause a petition to be denied....


        • #49
          Nothing wrong with someone making sure they've dotted all their i's and crossed all their t's. Especially not with something as important as this.
          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch


          • #50
            Hello Aroha;
            Another weekend of documents. I am wading through the pile of e-mails not wanting to send them all, there are hundreds. the pile representing the I-129F app is growing and will hopefully be finished when the notice of receipt comes. When you sent your K-3 I assume you used the address from your receipt or transfer notice. Any problems? I sent my I-130 by express mail to the lockbox and it arrived the next day with electronic notification. I hope the K-3 goes as well. I am betting on 6 months and my wife does not like that much, but I tell her it is the last time she will have to wait. After we talk she feels better. She tells me she would feel better if she knew the date we would be together again, even if it was one year, at least she would kow when. The wait is not so bad as not knowing when, but like you, we try to take it one day at a time and deal with it. She is happy I have someone to speak to who understands. Wish you well


            • #51
              S12, if you speak of the document we signed with the lawyer in Ukraine, we know it means maybe nothing to others, but it is a constant reminder to us both of the promise we made to each other, and i am sure it will make us smile when others ask us what it means. We do not need the riminder, but it is something we both feel is important. I believe the I-130 will be fine but i do not know about the K-3. It will have to be approved in Kiev and they are not fond of no-immigration visas for some reason.

              Question while I am here, because the K-3 is a non-immigration visa, will my wife be able to file for and receive work authorization? She does not want to sit around the house and as she says, become a "big" woman. Any idea? Anyone?


              • #52

                Sadly, no. She won't be authorized to work until the green card is approved (post Adjustment of Status).

                Just tell her it's alright to be "cuddly". It just means she's happy.
                "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson


                • #53
                  JC she can apply for a work permit whilst she waits for her Green Card.

                  Honestly...I would suggest to apply for it at same time she adjusts status. The Green Card can take some time, so the sooner she has a work permit, the sooner she can get a ss# and can work. Some States also allow her to get her drivers license with a work permit.

                  It does cost more to get that of course, but I would highly recommend in getting it as you never know how long that GC will take.

                  Once she gets the work permit, go down to the Social security office and get a SS#. She should get the SS card usually about 10 days later. It will have on it.. For Work only.

                  Once she gets her Green card, you will then need to go back to Social Security office so they can change her SS card and details.
                  Number will remain the same, but it won't have 'for work only' written on card.
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

                  National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.


                  • #54
                    Honestly,.. something else I will mention for you, in case you didn't know.

                    Regarding the child, you could apply for EAD for him/her too if you really wanted to get a SS# but it really isn't worth it, especially as the child is too young to be able to use it for work purposes before the GC is available.

                    What you can do for tax purposes is to obtain a ITIN # for him/her. Once the child has his/her GC, then you can apply for a SS# and inform IRS of the number when available, so they can change the records.

                    The schools usually only require his/her Alien number to register with, and his/her passport for ID purposes.
                    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

                    National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.


                    • #55
                      Even though the K-3 is NON immigration?
                      I understand this would be the process with the K-1 but the K-1 is an immigration visa.Curious to know if the process is the same. I would hate to find out later. On the application for an tourist visa wich is also NON immigration it is specific about not working while in the states and the K-3 is NON immigration good for two years


                      • #56
                        thanks SG
                        the W-7 for ITIN# for both my wife and the child has already been sent to the IRS
                        las week. It is one of the documents I sent to her for signature when she signed her
                        G325. I am just not sure my wife can have an EAD on a K-3 because it is a two year non-immigration visa.
                        I can ask the service center but I thought I would ask here first. Sometimes the people here who have been through it all actually know better.
                        Thanks again for thinking of the ITIN and if you think of something else, please do not hesitate to tell me.
                        I have tried to think of everything and you know what happens then. Something obvious is forgotten or overlooked.


                        • #57
                          SG Thanks for the tip on the ss # after the green card. That is something I did not know.I will be sure to take her back to the SS ofice when she has her GC but right now, that seems to be so far away.
                          JC that is what I was afraid of. and I suppose the GC will take a year after she is here, that is if everything goes well with the K-3. At this point, the way the embassy treats those who apply for non-immigration visas, they may just deny it because they can, and the I-13- may go through about that time. Who knows what that will mean
                          Thanks again all


                          • #58
                            Honestly, yes she can definitely apply for the EAD on a K3 visa when you adjust Status. I think you will find it is more to do with someone AOS rather than being just on a K3, that who can apply.

                            I came here on a K3 and I applied for the EAD at same time when I AOS. The difference with a K3 is that she can leave and re-enter the US as many times as she pleases without problems during the AOS process.(no need for advance parole). Having that 2 year visa is good to have if the GC takes longer to process (like in my case).
                            It also allows her to have more time to actually move over if she wants.

                            She is entitled to work whilst the AOS is pending as long as she has got the EAD. She could get one within 3 months from applying.

                            Once she gets the work permit, she can automatically apply for the SS#. It is also an immediate ID for her.
                            God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

                            National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                            1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.


                            • #59
                              Thankyou SG, Thank you Thank you Thank you.
                              That will ease her mind a bunch. Would I be correct in assuming that we can apply for
                              adjustment of status as son as she arrives? Hope so.
                              I am thankful you are here.
                              Now I only need to wait for the notice of receipt to send the I-129.
                              When the I-129 was sent for you, it was only the I-129F the G-325A and the supporting documents?
                              I think I understand the affidavit of support goes with the adjustment of status, unless it is different for the K-3
                              It seems more people are familiar with the K-1 visa so I ask the one who has gone before me.
                              Thankyou once again.


                              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                              Home Page

                              Immigration Daily


                              Processing times

                              Immigration forms

                              Discussion board



                              Twitter feed

                              Immigrant Nation


                              CLE Workshops

                              Immigration books

                              Advertise on ILW



                              About ILW.COM

                              Connect to us



                              Immigration Daily