Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh I don't know. I kinda like it.
    And there is something to be said for persevereance.

Comment

Hello Aroha;
      I think every day i hear something new but I never did the I-130 before and I understand it is for an immigration visa while the K-3 will be a two year non-immigration visa, but can you tell me about the immigration bills you speak of? I have been wondering what happens from here and what my options are. Of course USCIS will not tell me so I ask someone who has been there recently. I know I will recieve the receipt for the I-130 and then i can submit the I-129F with a copy of the receipt, but what happens with the I-30 and I-129F running at the same time? What will be the next step in the I-130 process? It would be wonderful if the I-120 only took six months but I doubt that. If the I-130 comes through while she is not here what do I do? I don't think USCIS will walk me through it, they might but i am not planning on it. I know she would like to come and be able to work right away but i know there is more to be done. When I submitted I sent only the I-139 and the G325A. I hope I do not get the rfe and send much more than they ask for. As we go through this my wife and I will ry to visit here as often as we can to help those who need it when I can speak from experience.
      Thanks a bunch

Comment

Sorry Aroha;
        I really should not type without my glasses.
        I really did mean the I-130 that I sent.
        Sorry for the confusion. I'll grab the specs next time

Comment

What is your question?
          Try to formulate it in one sentence.
          If you have more than one question, use one sentence for each, no more!!!
          Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

I think his question is:

how much glue could a glue stick stick if a glue stick could stick glue?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
              I think his question is:

how much glue could a glue stick stick if a glue stick could stick glue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets stick it on your mouth and see how long, but superglue or monkey glue would be far far better
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
              1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

While I wait for someone to talk to me who is sincerely here for the reason this site exists, I ask those who can only comprehend one sentance at a time, What the hell is a glue stick?

I am beginnng to enjoy this. Could be a worry.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by honestlyspkng:
                  While I wait for someone to talk to me who is sincerely here for the reason this site exists, I ask those who can only comprehend one sentance at a time, What the hell is a glue stick?

I am beginnng to enjoy this. Could be a worry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey honestly, a tube with glue in it, but better used to stick it where the sun don't shine where S12 is concerned lol

Dont have the likes of him bother you on here, always those idiots about.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What the hell is a glue stick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It something S12 need to try cuz duct tape didn't work!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by honestlyspkng:
                      Hello Aroha;
                      I think every day i hear something new but I never did the I-130 before and I understand it is for an immigration visa while the K-3 will be a two year non-immigration visa, but can you tell me about the immigration bills you speak of? I have been wondering what happens from here and what my options are. Of course USCIS will not tell me so I ask someone who has been there recently. I know I will recieve the receipt for the I-130 and then i can submit the I-129F with a copy of the receipt, but what happens with the I-30 and I-129F running at the same time? What will be the next step in the I-130 process? It would be wonderful if the I-120 only took six months but I doubt that. If the I-130 comes through while she is not here what do I do? I don't think USCIS will walk me through it, they might but i am not planning on it. I know she would like to come and be able to work right away but i know there is more to be done. When I submitted I sent only the I-139 and the G325A. I hope I do not get the rfe and send much more than they ask for. As we go through this my wife and I will ry to visit here as often as we can to help those who need it when I can speak from experience.
                      Thanks a bunch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Honestly,

Yes, you can file the I29F once you have the receipt. They will begin to process the I-130 as usual though.

Once it's approved, it goes along to the NVC where they'll start processing for the CR visa (conditional residency). They'll assign an IV number and send some documents out to you, some of which your wife will need to fill out. The first one is the Choice of Agent form, in which she tells them who she wants the paperwork sent to basically. After that, there's a few other things. The bills are the fees for the Affidavit of Support and the Immigrant Visas.

The biggest difference between the CR and the K3 is that the K3 is a non-immigrant visa and you'll have to adjust her status once she arrives. With CR, she gets her residency as soon as she goes through the point of entry.

I guess it's a matter of what goes faster.
                      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

great answer S025. I did not realise it was his second choice. Maybe he should have asked someone here first. Someone would have helped him I am sure.

Comment

Thanks SG
                          I think you have already done what i will do next, I-129F and I look forward to your insights in what i need to send as far as forms go too. My wife is concerned that my travel three times in the last ten months will leave me showing not so much in the bank accouts although I have documents to show the deposits and the plane tickets to show the travel. I look forward to tips from everyone who has the experience already.

Comment

The amount in the bank account isn't so important regarding the Affidavit of Support as proof of income is. So long as you're above the poverty line by 25% you will be okay.

Poverty Guidlines
                            --------------------
                            "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks JC
                              I appreciate your answer and the link you provided. My wife listens to what everyone tells her about what we do and everyone tells her what is most important and it makes me crazy becaust it is all important and most of what they tell her is either greatly exaggerated or just plain wrong, but it is the country. Thanke you again JC

Comment

there are many self-apppointed 'experts' doling out advice on this (and other) sites....few, if any, have a clue about what they are talking about...
                                It is best to read the (admittedly boring) instructions on the various forms and follow those instructions...as to the I 864, the petitioner has to demonstrate that he or she has either the income or the income and assets to fully support his or her spouse...and those income requirements are on the form itself...if one does not earn the required income, then one could substitute assets that can be converted to $$$ in a reasonable time at the rate of 5 X the difference in income...example...suppose one needed a $25,000 a year income, but instead earned $20,000....the difference is $5000, so the sponsor would have to prove that he or she had $25,000 in assets (usually a bank account or stock market account or, perhaps a home, but in this market, who knows??)...one can also seek a co-sponsor who must meet the standard requirements, not just supply the difference in income....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation