X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me??

Hi everyone,

Is is just me? Or are answers to immigration questions incredibly hard to find?

Here's the situation; I'm Canadian, fiancee is American. He wants to apply under the skilled worker category. We've done a ton of research via the internet, CIC site, etc.., but are finding conflicting info. Here are some questions is anyone can answer, or tell us of someplace we can find answers.

1. What is the fingerprint process all about? Does he get the prints at the state police dept. (PA) and they handle it from there? Or do you have to retrieve the prints from the locals and then forward them to the FBI yourself?

2. Is it really necessary to have letters of recommendations, etc...from all current and past employers? My finacee has worked for companies all over PA, some of them are not even in business anymore.

3. What are they looking for in regards to a written submission for proof of language proficiency? His native language of course is english....?

4. Where on the application does he list his son? He is in the primary custody of an ex-spouse. Is he listed as a dependant, or an addtional family member?

5. How, if at all, does credit affect your application?

Thanks in advance for any response!

Hi everyone,

Is is just me? Or are answers to immigration questions incredibly hard to find?

Here's the situation; I'm Canadian, fiancee is American. He wants to apply under the skilled worker category. We've done a ton of research via the internet, CIC site, etc.., but are finding conflicting info. Here are some questions is anyone can answer, or tell us of someplace we can find answers.

1. What is the fingerprint process all about? Does he get the prints at the state police dept. (PA) and they handle it from there? Or do you have to retrieve the prints from the locals and then forward them to the FBI yourself?

2. Is it really necessary to have letters of recommendations, etc...from all current and past employers? My finacee has worked for companies all over PA, some of them are not even in business anymore.

3. What are they looking for in regards to a written submission for proof of language proficiency? His native language of course is english....?

4. Where on the application does he list his son? He is in the primary custody of an ex-spouse. Is he listed as a dependant, or an addtional family member?

5. How, if at all, does credit affect your application?

Thanks in advance for any response!

Comment

is your fiancee missing a few brain cells.........why the h-e-l-l would he want to move to Canada........you should move to the USA

All kidding aside, Its doubtful that you will get any answers here as this discussion board is primarily for immigration to the USA

Comment

I see advantages to living in canada, dual citizenship would be the ideal I guess. http://britishexpats.com/forum/ is one site that may be helpful. I remember thinking this site was helpful at one time, you probably already have it. http://www.cic.gc.ca/

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation